• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Western fox snake?

Eli173

I think that's what it was but I'm not positive. :shrugs:
I got a call from a friend that their kids found a big snake in their yard. They had it trapped in a bucket, didn't know if it was wild or an escaped pet and were scared. I went over there and it was clearly a wild and very healthy looking. They live right by a golf course so I figured a place with fewer golf clubs around would be a better fit then just letting it go right there. I put it in a tub and took it 6 or 7 miles into the countryside and released it near a stream.

Attachments

• wild snake.jpg
    wild snake.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 51
  • wild snake 2.jpg
    wild snake 2.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 51
yep, thats what you got, you got a western fox..

I was given a female last year that gave me a clutch of eggs. I still have her and 3 of the babies.
Nice find, I bet this snake will take Frozen thawed from you if you would have kept it. Mine took it right off the bat.

Here is a link to my posts of her.

I'm pretty sure that in Iowa Garter snakes are the only snakes that can be legally collected. Besides, I already have enough mouths to feed. ;)

Back