• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Western Hognose

Has any one had experience keeping these snakes? Im thinking of getting one any tips or other info?

They can be pissy when they get in their moods. I have one for awhile and they also will do hunger strikes in the winter as well. So be prepared. I have a western and he is a nice plump fellow but is a wee little guy. Females tend to be larger.
I keep my guy in cage about the size of a 10 gallon, they are not very big snakes. But again they can be moody, or atleast mine is, he mellows out after I hold him for a bit.

Google has lots of care sheets which will answer your basic care questions.

Here are two of my three having a good ol' time in the dirt:

digging.jpg

There was another thread on here recently that was similar...
W. Hognose snakes are very cute and are easy to care for. My female is my second favourite snake... They can get "moody" but it's just a bluff. Mine never bit and never struck me.
Seeing as you live in NJ, too, I recommend Bruckman Reptiles, which is where I got my girl from. I'm not sure if they have a website but I can pm you their info if you want...

I love my little female. No problems with her at all.

Enjoy!

Nope, none at all.

Thanks for the answers. Sorry to take over the thread... with one on the caresheets it said you could co-hab as long as you don't feed together.

Back