• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What a difference a shed makes

2manysnakes

I smell a rat
So Dorri decided that feeding time would be a good time for shedding too. She went from looking dry and dull to a stunning Anrey. It's amazing what happens when snakes are properly cared for. It's things like this that make me feel like I did the right thing adopting all these snakes.

corn025.jpg

corn026.jpg

She also decided to poop just before she was done shedding right into her skin. Talk about gross! :puke01:

Neat pictures! I love it when I can watch ours shed too!

I really like the looks of this girl - very nice contrast on her! Did she give you eggs recently? I know that several of the adults you took in trade were gravid.

Jenn

No eggs from anyone yet. This should be her prelay shed. So far all but 2 have shed, so any day now. I am so excited!

Ah, okay, didn't look like she was gravid, but I can't always tell from pictures. Good luck with them all though, will keep an eye out for pictures and updates once they lay!

Jenn

2manysnakes said:
She also decided to poop just before she was done shedding right into her skin. Talk about gross! :puke01:

They do that a lot! Chox shed yesterday, right in the middle of the heat wave, and left the biggest poo ever!

I kind of think she looks bulgy- like there's something in there! Is she the first one to do the pre-lay shed?

Nanci

that's a neat shed photo, that close-up.

I think it's funny when snakes get 'square,' taking the shape of the container they're in.

Nanci said:
I kind of think she looks bulgy- like there's something in there! Is she the first one to do the pre-lay shed?

Nanci

She is actually one of the last. I am so excited, and I must peek into their boxes (from the outside) at least 10 times a day lol.

Back