• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

???What am I???

bityrock

OK had a friend that lives in MI go out to his barn and found this little guy out there. I'm not sure what it is. Hope ya'll can help, it's the only picture that could be taken and it's with a cell phone so...Hope you can see it well enough to tell. I don't know the different types that they have up there, he is near detroit area.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 421
Thanks everyone, Alan I sent him the link seeing how he saw it first hand, that way he can get an idea.

Amanda

Man!!! I live in michigan and all I've ever found near me are garter snakes. I'd love to find a milk, black rat or fox snake. Awesome find.

absolutely an Eastern Milk.i love em'. there are a S.O.B. to try to find while herping!!! but an even bigger task is to find a fox snake. they're a Species of concern in most of their range if not all of it.damn shame. fox snakes have was more orange and red or yellow in their pattern.thanks for the pic! very cool in situ. photo!

Man!!! I live in michigan and all I've ever found near me are garter snakes. I'd love to find a milk, black rat or fox snake. Awesome find.

It's all in where you look for them.
If you look in fields around streams and ponds, you'll find garters.
If you look in dense woods, you'll find black rats.
If you look in mostly sandy ground, you'll find hognoses.
Etc, etc.
It's also muich easier to find them, if you give them artificial cover, and come back for them next year.
Snakes love old metal siding just laid on top of grass near a pole barn.
Anything that may harbor mice and such, but is too hard for birds, and animals like raccoons and such to get under.
It helps to have an assistant to flip it while you stand ready to grab what comes out. Just be ready for whatever might be under there.

Racers just love a 8' piece of siding with a heavy board nailed to it, half in and half out of water in a pond or stream.
Turtles like it, too.

Back