• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What an AMAZING day!

smigon

Old enough to know better
Today was the Phoenix Repticon, and it was my first time to experience it. Hypnoctopus (Olivia) and I purchased VIP tickets in advance so we could get in early, and we got there right at 9am when the doors opened.

It was small and while neither of us purchased anything live, we both found some great pieces of driftwood and hides for good prices.

Then the fun began. We went to Kathy and Bill Love's table and played with a Dumeril's Boa, an albino Ball python and a Pied Sided Ball python. We would put them around people's necks while they posed for pictures, we got to see the wonder of the little kids as they experienced touching a snake for the first time and got a few people who, after saying they would never touch a snake, reached out with one finger and ended up petting them for a moment. It was really cool to share these creatures and the experience with them.

When it slowed down, Olivia, Kathy and I sat and talked for hours. I don't think there is enough time in the day to ever get bored talking with Kathy, she is just as lovely in person as she is here on the forum and has had so many adventures in her life. Bill was doing his photography at the table next to us and was busy with that most of the day, but he is "good people" just like Kathy.

I am by far the world's worst photographer so I took no pictures but hopefully Olivia or Bill can post some for us.

This truly was a great day, spent with great people and beautiful animals. It is nice to spend time with true friends. :cheers:

Hey, it was super fun hanging out with you and Kathy. I really didn't take any good photos, unfortunately! I really enjoyed getting to interact with people and show off the snakes (even though they aren't mine!).

I didn't really take any good pictures, but here is one neat thing that we got to see.

two_headed_corn_snake_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d8kznz6.jpg

I didn't really take any good pictures, but here is one neat thing that we got to see.

two_headed_corn_snake_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d8kznz6.jpg

I was wondering how that turned out! A two headed snake! It was amazing! Healthy, very active, an a neat way to start the day.

Good pic, Olivia!

I miss Kathy so much!!! She and Bill are who I learned how to probe snakes from. Dang, I miss her.

Back