• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

what are the color morphs for grey, black, and texas rat snakes?

runninghorsespirit

They call me Cent
Well i know there is plenty to go on for corn snakes but Im having a hard time looking up color morphs of rat snakes, I know there is albino and luecistic versions but I was wondering if there is a good informative website or if anyone knew of different color morphs.

-Cent

I don't know of any, but I'd assume there's amelistics of some of them, and perhaps pies or high whites.

Don't underestimate the lucies. The one I have is really nice to look at.

I don't know of any, but I'd assume there's amelistics of some of them, and perhaps pies or high whites.

Don't underestimate the lucies. The one I have is really nice to look at.

Oh i have two normal texas het for luecistic but sadly the boy is slightly bug eyed and related and i refuse to inbreed. One of my friends has a sevre bug eyed male luecistic and its the point he is blind because he can not move his eyes. He is a sweet thing but he does start out mouth open when getting him after he knows your no threat he is sweet. Im just curious to what are all the current morphs.

Blacks do come in an albino (amelanistic) form, a leucistic form, and I believe there is a white-sided form as well. I am not aware of any other official morphs for the blacks.

Texas rats come in leucistic, and I'd guess there is also an albino as well (never seen one though)

Never heard of any morphs of greys, but there are different localities.

Blacks do come in an albino (amelanistic) form, a leucistic form, and I believe there is a white-sided form as well. I am not aware of any other official morphs for the blacks.

Texas rats come in leucistic, and I'd guess there is also an albino as well (never seen one though)

Never heard of any morphs of grays, but there are different localities.

well i know they come in albino and the texas come in luecistic. the reason i ask about this subject i went to pet land to look at the reptiles and they had a supposedly chocolate gray rat that i would bet my money was a texas rat but they insisted it was a gray rat snake morph and they have a brindled texas rat snake, it looked like an albino black rat with faint black bridling. I don't know if these are morphs at all.

A lot of sellers of BRS, GRS and TRS try to pass off intergrades, locality color phases and linebred traits as genetic morphs. These are the genetic morphs I'm aware of:

Black rat snake: albino, whitesided, leucistic, rusty
Texas rat snake: albino, leucistic, brindle, scaleless
Grey rat snake: none that I'm aware of

A lot of sellers of BRS, GRS and TRS try to pass off intergrades, locality color phases and linebred traits as genetic morphs. These are the genetic morphs I'm aware of:

Black rat snake: albino, whitesided, leucistic, rusty
Texas rat snake: albino, leucistic, brindle, scaleless
Grey rat snake: none that I'm aware of

Thats the fun one is the grey rat snake, I use to have one that wasn't quite grey she s a purplish grey and i have yet to find another. Sadly she died and she was my pet.

Back