• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What do you think of smegil?

Gerone

Pretty cool for an amel!

smegil4.JPG

smegil5.JPG

smegil8.JPG

Hey Gerone. Wow, I really like that bright red! I think he looks awesome. Also, those pictures are reallygreat, too. What kind of camera do you have? They're really sharp, especially for a closeup. Thanks for sharin'!

I have a fuji Finepix 2800. Works great! I am still learning on how to take pictures with snakes. The thing I like best is that i can fully control the function of the camera with one hand and hold a snake in the other.

really pretty snake and also i like the name that';s what i called my baby anery only you spelled it differant

Great amel!!

By the way, that's an animal I'd have problems identifying as a reverse okeetee, if it were mine!

Don't believe me? Give it to me and see how I list it on my "new acquisitions" list!

:cool:

Lol I hear you. Given the fact that I cannot trace the lineage of the snake I just say Amel. Personally I believe it is viable that he is an RO corn. I squeesed the supplier info out of the petstore and the supplier does list RO's on the site. Who know. I just know that it is one hell of a beautiful snake.

:)

Nice camera...

I have the same model, the macro mode is absolutely awesome. You can not only see your fingerprints, but the little tiny beadlets of sweat forming between the ridges in the fingerprints. :)

IMO whether or not it is RO depends on the ground color. The borders will thin out as it grows up.. I had a hatchling similar to that and it had a few red "saddles" on the tail that, like yours, consisted of two tiny red spots... the spots are now connected to form a full saddle. Should be neat to watch the colors come out. :)

Gerone, question. I Love the snakie its beautiful... I was wondering actually how much you got it for. Someones offering to sell me one... that looks nearly -exactly- like that... he's sooo pretty but the price sounded a little steep. How much was Smegil? hehe... I wanna Smegil of my own!

If i remember correctly I paid @ 40 dollars. Not a bargain but the snake was dieing in the store and i could not bare to watch such a pretty one die a horrible death like that.

Oh I see... It's a similar problem here... they keep it under bright lights with no hide, its a hachling which I get the feeling hasn't been eating because its in bright lights stacked ontop of other kritter keeper type little carriers with no heat... but they want -70- for it. I just dont know what to say... I wanna help it but that price is a killer. Anyway... your snake is -gorgeous- :) and maybe these wicked people will lower the price eventually and i can help it out ::sigh::

Well in that case that is an expensive risk. I would suggest that you may want to try and talk to the owner or manager and try and help the snake with a bit of education to who ever is caring for them. You could also try explaing to them that the snake is not doing well and may die if not better cared for. Then offer to take it off their hands at a lowered price. Not much more you can do than that. $70 is a bit but not unexpected for a petshop. A local breeder would be much cheaper. I feel for the snake and hope you have sucesses in rescuing it at a reasonable price.

Well Smegil just shed for me last night. A perfect shed. I willtake more pics this weekend. Looks like he is going to go RO for me. Everywhere there was pink is now filling in bright white. Pictures will show.

More to come!

Back