• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

what food?

Depends on how big he is and how much he weighs, Really.

Check out the munson plan (It'll come up if you search the forum).

How much does it weigh? It could be anything from pinkies to hoppers depending on how big the snake is currently.

I don't want to hold him because I got him yesterday morning but he's about 1ft 2in

Yeah, good! Better to let him get un-freaked first. I follow the Munson plan, too, and think it is incredibly useful for judging what to feed your snake, you can also use the size rule of thumb. You can pretty safely feed your snake any single prey item that is no more than 1.5X wider than the widest part of your snake (it's really a guestimate - err of the side of caution).

Good luck!

I highly recommend as well the Roy Munson plan.
I have been doing snakes for a very long time and I agree with Dean, its a great formula.

I know you are new to Corn snakes. So I highly recommend reading Kathy Loves book. I know that TC reptiles should have it. This is by far one of the best books out there on Corn snake care.
CornSnake.jpg

Did they not tell you what and how often they were feeding where you got him?I stuck to the 1 pinky every 7 days maintenance diet for 2 feedings before uping it to every five days just to let him get used to all the changes slowly.

ya they said to feed him every Tuesday but not what to feed him but I just started handling him today and I measured and weighed him. He's exactly 20g and 1ft 4in long so I feed him 2 pinkies right?

ya they said to feed him every Tuesday but not what to feed him but I just started handling him today and I measured and weighed him. He's exactly 20g and 1ft 4in long so I feed him 2 pinkies right?

Yes, that would work fine, they tend to be greedy little pigs and will gain 10 grams every month for you.

20g is when I went from feeding 2 average size pinkies to 1 really big pinky. The fuzzies I have in waiting looked so big, that I wanted to see him get down the large pinkies first. I may be wrong, but I have a feeling there is more "nutritional value" in the larger pinky than in the two smaller ones. His weight really seemed to take off with the feeding of the larger pinky. But, I am no expert.

Back