• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What have we got and what will we get ?

aitchjay

Crash & Coco.
Hi, hope you liked my title. O.K these are our snakes crash and coco, crash is the large amel and coco is the other one. We're not really sure what she is. She is a rescued snake and apparently her previous life wasn't too good. Her colours get stronger after every shed and she is the most friendly snake you will ever meet.
She recently layed around 20 eggs and 16 of them are looking really good, we are now on day 47 (I'm counting the seconds). I was hoping someone could tell us exactly what type of corns we have and what we should expect from the eggs.

Clear pictures would go a long way towards knowing what your snakes are. Though, if paired with the amel, you will most likely get normals het amel and het whatever the female is - unless she is het amel as well, than you'd get amels and normals in the clutch. Hard to say without being able to see the snake though.

Congrats on your eggs.

Sorry, I've spent over an hour trying to upload the pics, but they seem to be the wrong size and I have no idea what to do now. I am officially giving up thanks for looking though, god I've never felt so stupid.

Sorry, I've spent over an hour trying to upload the pics, but they seem to be the wrong size and I have no idea what to do now. I am officially giving up thanks for looking though, god I've never felt so stupid.

If you'd like to try e-mailing the pictures to me, I'd be happy to post them for you. My addy is [email protected].
I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see pics of the two of them.
Thanks.

Here are the pics of Aitchjay's gorgeous snakes, Crash and Coco. They look healthy and stunning to me.

Attachments

• 001 (800 x 600)Aitchjay.jpg
    001 (800 x 600)Aitchjay.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 002 (800 x 600)Aitchjay.jpg
    002 (800 x 600)Aitchjay.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 109
Daneale, thank you very much for posting the pictures, very kind of you. They have got heads, just a bit camera shy I think. The male (crash) is the top picture, the female (coco) is the bottom picture. I'll work out how to post pics before the eggs hatch.

Coco sure has some wild things going on with her pattern (and heritage is, of course, unknown) but ... she is Amel.
Unless there are some hidden hets, or something else going on, you should get all Amel babies from breeding Crash & Coco together.

Wild is a pretty good description, I have spent some hours viewing pics of corns to find out exactly what she is. We have only owned her for about 8 months and she has become brighter but her pattern has not changed and I guess it never will. I must add they are my 9 year old sons snakes officially.

They are very beautiful amels. I have seen a couple of examples of amels with patterns such as Coco's, and I've always been very impressed. With your eggs you can let us know whether or not that trait can be passed on!

Daneale, thank you very much for posting the pictures, very kind of you. They have got heads, just a bit camera shy I think. The male (crash) is the top picture, the female (coco) is the bottom picture. I'll work out how to post pics before the eggs hatch.
You are more than welcome. If you want, you can always e-mail me pics when you need to post. It's no problem, as I'm on this site about a hundred times a day. Ha ha.
Wild is a pretty good description, I have spent some hours viewing pics of corns to find out exactly what she is. We have only owned her for about 8 months and she has become brighter but her pattern has not changed and I guess it never will. I must add they are my 9 year old sons snakes officially.
That's okay. One of my fourteen is officially my 10 year old daughter's. That would be one of the one's she won't hold, along with the hatchlings. The bigger they are, the more likely she is to WANT to hold them.

They are very beautiful amels. I have seen a couple of examples of amels with patterns such as Coco's, and I've always been very impressed. With your eggs you can let us know whether or not that trait can be passed on!

It will be incredibly interesting to see if this trait can be passed on. It is my favorite "pattern" in corns that seems to come up on rare occasions. I thought there was a name for it, but I must be wrong.

Congratulations on the eggs. You'll have a lot of fun with them, if the waiting part doesn't drive you crazy first. :headbang:

Hi!
If you happen to take some more pics of Coco, please post them! I've never seen such a pattern in corns, it's fascinating!

My son is so excited people like his snake so much, thank you for the compliments. I will post some better pics, hopefully with her head too. He has decided that she is a cocoamel. It will be interesting to see if any of her babies have the same markings.

It will be interesting to see if any of her babies have the same markings.

Coco reminds me of what is somewhat known as the Confetti (referring to pattern) Cornsnake.
As far as I know, to date, "Confetti" is not produced on a reliable basis and has not proven to be a simple mendelian trait. If one pops up, it seems to be rather random and its occurrence is not clearly understood.
It will be interesting to see what Coco produces.

What a neat pair! Ive never seen coco's pattern before (Although thats not saying much... Ive only been into ths hobby for about a year), but just like everyone else I absolutely love the "confetti" look, and cant wait to see what her offspring look like.
Compliments to your sons snakes!!

Back