• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What hybrid is he....?

Scally Friends

Please i had this snake off a mate who can no longer look after it, and i cant find out what he is...lol

hes little under 6ft
very heavy bodied
very friendly

i cant find a single picture out the that looks like him.

please can any body help me indentify this snake.

Charlotte
xxxxx

Attachments

• Snake 1.jpg
    Snake 1.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 99
  • Snake 2.jpg
    Snake 2.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 98
Could just be a brindle (rusty) phase black rat snake...try doing a search on brindle black rats or black rat morphs for some comparison pics...

After looking at both pics I'd say this is a gray rat.
If you know for sure its a hybrid, it may have some corn in it, the saddles dont really look like a gray rat though, they look more like a corn. But it looks like a gray rat, with maybe some corn in it..........
Its very hard if not impossible to tell without knowledge from the breeder.

LukeH :laugh01:

Joejr14 said:
No, he's not, that's the sad part.

Joe...SHE!

I'm not so experienced with identifying hybrids but my first instinct was Bull snake. Do you think I'm way off? Looking at the solidness of the body, neck and head...the length of the head....the colouration....just sporting a guess but I think I might be close at least???

princess said:
Joe...SHE!

I'm not so experienced with identifying hybrids but my first instinct was Bull snake. Do you think I'm way off? Looking at the solidness of the body, neck and head...the length of the head....the colouration....just sporting a guess but I think I might be close at least???

Geovanni is a girls name?

If it's a hybrid, my bet is going to be on corn x pine or bull.

Joejr14 said:
If it's a hybrid, my bet is going to be on corn x pine or bull.

That is what I am thinking also, due to the size and overall appearance, especially the head. Bull body with anery corn patterns. Would this even be possible??????? Whatever it is, it looks damn cool! Good one.

:sidestep:
Matt

The first picture kinda resembled a texas rat snake to me, but seeing the head in the second shot, I'd have to agreee with the bullsnake theory :cheers:

hehehe...good to know I'm not totally off! A free snake is always (well, almost always) a good snake, so well done on the score. If you sell it, please be sure to inform buyers that this is a hybrid, or if perchance you breed with it, be sure to sell the offspring as hybrids.

Good luck with your snake...feel free to ask us questions on how to look after him here, his care and needs won't be too different to a regular corn.

A Few More Thoughts

After doing some research and looking at a lot of photos, I'm thinking that my original thought of bullsnake is not right. There is a resemblance to the brindle black rats and also could be a black/yellow rat cross. If I saw only the second pic and didn't know how big the snake was, it also resembles a western prairie king, but they don't get that big. Any chance of getting some ventral pics? This is a real stumper :shrugs:

well i never thought of it being bull snake, but what ever he is, he one of a kind..lol

i spoke to my mate today and he said he brought him from a reptile shop as a brown rat snake. but i never heard of one of them plus i cant kind anything on them on the net.

i will get some pic took 2moro of him from all angles.

well if you want to here something funny...
hes taken a liking to my taiwan beauty snake, she huge and dwafs him. but she loves him and he loves her... so maybe next year.... little but big baby hybrids if anyone is interested...lol

charlotte
xxx

grey rat maybe

looks like a grey rat to me or possibly like a couple of grey/black rat crosses I have seen.
problem is, we can speculate all day long and still never know.
Without knowledge of it's ancestry it could be anything.
anyone's guess is as good as anyone else's. You can't prove any guess to be right or wrong.

since I can't edit my post

I will just add it in another post

with the view from above I can see the thought of possible bull snake in the mix but that side view just screams obsoleta to me.
but that is just what I see. Others may see something entirely different.

Jimmy Johnson said:
I will just add it in another post

with the view from above I can see the thought of possible bull snake in the mix but that side view just screams obsoleta to me.
but that is just what I see. Others may see something entirely different.

Could it be a hybrid of more than 2 snakes? Could there be buul, corn and obsoleta in there?

Im very greatfull for everyone's help on here. i will get some pics done today for all angles.

Out of interest could there be a blood test done to find out, what he is...?

Charlotte

Scally Friends said:
Im very greatfull for everyone's help on here. i will get some pics done today for all angles.

Out of interest could there be a blood test done to find out, what he is...?

Charlotte

I'm sure there is but do you want to go to that kind of expense? I'm sure it would not come cheap.

Back