• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What in the world is this?

jsschrei

Perpetual Learner
This baby is from one of two fertile eggs out of a double clutch. The mom was a caramel het amel and motley and the dad was a butter het motley. The first clutch had all butters and caramels, some of them with motley pattern.

Is this a caramel snow and the parents were het anery too???

There is no was I could have mixed up labeling the clutch. She was the first to double clutch and the next female did not lay for 3 more days. I also put all of the second clutches of the season in a different type of container as to set them apart from the first clutches of the season.

Hasn't come out of the egg yet:
Venti2_Baby1_c.jpg

Venti2_Baby1_b.jpg

Venti2_Baby1_a.jpg

Could be a late bloomer? Maybe after a few sheds it will look more Amel, but I hope it stays the colors it is... that thing is awesome!

Could be a late bloomer? Maybe after a few sheds it will look more Amel, but I hope it stays the colors it is... that thing is awesome!

Thanks!

Keeper? Mine? lol

Lol. Won't be a keeper. I have too many :p

The yellowy tones make me think this critter will actually end up being a butter.

Ya. If he's a late bloomer that may be the case. But he'd have yellow tones as a caramel snow too wouldn't he? Her butters from the first clutch had so much yellow they looked amel when they hatched. The little guy should be out by tomorrow morning. Can't wait to see what the rest of him looks like.

Does it look a little underdeveloped to anyone else? It's pretty though.
Now that you said that he does look it doesn't he. He pipped at day 60. The rooms been 80-85 the whole incubation. Head does look a little small.

Back