• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What is rep power?

Sunglow Cornsnake

Yellew and red, no dread.
Hello, im still learning about cornsnakes.com and i want to know what a rep power is? I have seen on my profile and there was this green dot called rep power, and i have also seen other people with rep power. What is rep power, and how do i get more?

Every time you hit 100 posts you get some rep (reputation) points.
As well as whenever someone thinks you have a good post,a funny one, nice pictures etc etc.
If you look under where you see the rep points theres a little green light (meaning you're online) a little balance scale (the rep button) and then the red triangle (the report button)
So if for some reason you think someone has made a good post for whatever reason by their name under neath their rep power click on the little scale to give them some points.

They have no actual basis other than just basic pissing rights and that you have a "reputation"

If you want to read what people write when they "rep" you, look up near the top of the page, there is a gray bar with a link on the very left that says User CP. Click that. I'll rep you for educational purposes.

If you want to read what people write when they "rep" you, look up near the top of the page, there is a gray bar with a link on the very left that says User CP. Click that. I'll rep you for educational purposes.

Oh, and another quick tidbit. You'll notice that Nanci has over 1500 rep points. I have 80 (I think). Now, If Nanci gives you rep (like she did), you'll get a larger amount of rep points then if I gave you Rep.

I just have so many because I am a blabbermouth with no life. Except this week I am on vacation and have a big project!

I just have so many because I am a blabbermouth with no life. Except this week I am on vacation and have a big project!

Don't call youself that.

You have a life, but spend part of it sharing your massive amount of cornsnake knowledge with the CS community. Thus you get rep. :)

I certainly don't have a massive amount of knowledge, except for maybe how to teach snakes tricks or creative ways to store frozen mice...

Your being modest and you def deserve your rep. you and people like you are why in conitnue to use this forum, and hope it maintains its helpful, fun, and educational ways.

Thank you!

I certainly don't have a massive amount of knowledge, except for maybe how to teach snakes tricks or creative ways to store frozen mice...

You can teach snakes tricks?

I don't think they can shake hands though.... :)

Is rep power impotent? It sounds like it.

I guess so. I think once you get like 30 or something rep points you get a "reputation beyond repute" and you get all of the yellow and green bars. Some people notice it, some don't, and I bet if you lurk around here long enough people will recognize your name and think you are reputable rather then looking at your rep points (ie. I know I can trust Nanci for advice, but I didn't know her rep point number until I actually had to look it up for one of my previous posts).

Well...of course. Your are a woman!

Sexism on CS, what do yah know?

I'm a guy, and personally, I would also prefer cash, to say, meeting the president. With cash, the possibilities are endless. You could buy more corn snakes, or supplies for corn snakes. When was the last time the president handed you a corn snake? :shrugs:

Back