• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What is she?

rainkeltoia

My friend just got this gorgeous snake, she was labeled as an aztec snow, but we couldn't find any snows with the orange patterning like she has, so I come to you all, whom I know are far better with morphs than I, to help us!

Attachments

• joe-aztecsnow.jpg
    joe-aztecsnow.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 111
It is a snow. I don't think I would call it an Aztec but snows can how a wide variety of looks. No way to tell if another gene is at play making the orange color or not unless she is test bred. I have a snow that has a LOT more color than that one and she proved to be nothing more than a snow this year. I love her no less because she isn't fancy. She is still my baby.

Very nice looking snake. I would guess snow too. Remember snow is a combination of amel and anery so there can be varying degrees of melanin that play into the coloration.

Very nice looking snake. I would guess snow too. Remember snow is a combination of amel and anery so there can be varying degrees of melanin that play into the coloration.

That's what I was thinking too. Shame on the not being an aztec, he paid about $200 for her (he's in the UK, so conversion isn't my strong suit).

can someone explain what defines aztec? I know its not something you can breed for per se, sort of a chance thing? But beyond that, what defines what is and is not an aztec?

Aztec is a bit of a "whoopsie!" in the pattern that occurs as the pattern is first developing in the embryo. Things don't like up correctly. You can, sometimes, be more likely to get aztecs from an aztec x aztec pairing, but you can also get all normal looking offspring.

*This* is an aztec. Meet Cihuacoatle.

aneryaztec2.jpg

This is a zigzag that I hatched out from two completely normal patterned parents.

vabaclutchzigzag12.jpg

Back