• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What is she???

Howler

After having this female for the past few months, her colors have changed to the point that each time she sheds she gets brighter and brighter which leaves me trying to figure out just what this little girl is. I managed to snag her up at a pet store for roughly sixty dollars...so lets see if you guys can figure it out XD.

Please excuse my piece-o- camera :laugh:

snake2.jpg

snake3.jpg

snake4.jpg

She's a pink cornsnake ... that is what she is. :grin01: ;)

Actually, she is an Amel (Amelanistic Corn). They do go through some changes, while growing up, ... as most all morphs do.:)

idontknow said:
p.s 60$ was wwwwaaaayyyy too much . what pet store?

Just a local one here in town. They are now charging 90 for a normal, which makes me laugh. :laugh:

idontknow said:
nice snake that looks like a amel maybe a motley too not sure on that one

I don't believe that she is an Amel Motley but ....
Howler, if you check her belly, and she has a plain belly, then she is an Amel Motley. If she has checkers, on her belly, then she is not an Amel Motley and is simply an Amel.

No she has a light checker pattern (similar to my snow male), I'm pretty sure she isn't a motley...really her tummy is nothing compared to my butter motley male :laugh:

idontknow said:
Christ thats crazy i thought petco was bad... people need to go to expos .
I'm just "shooting from the hip" here, but I'm guessing there are a paucity of reptile expos in South Dakota. If you consider what one would have to pay for shipping from a breeder, $60 probably isn't terribly unreasonable for an amel when there aren't local shows to attend.

desertanimal said:
I'm just "shooting from the hip" here, but I'm guessing there are a paucity of reptile expos in South Dakota. If you consider what one would have to pay for shipping from a breeder, $60 probably isn't terribly unreasonable for an amel when there aren't local shows to attend.

Yup :eek: Sadly the closest city that has expos would be Denver...and thats a four hour drive, when the pet store is under ten minutes from my house...and with gas at three bucks a gallon? XD A trip to Denver just isn't in the budget.

desertanimal said:

sorry i was thinking south Dakota was a place with alot of expos.... thats the thought i get when i here south... lol.

I can say with 99% certanty that's not a motley, but check for us too. Pretty little amel girl though!

EEK I'm so soory, I'm really getting tired. I only read the first page and thought that was the whole thread!!

Back