• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What is she???

bubbanarf

This is my little lavender Kaylee. Can you guys tell anything else about her just by looking at her?

The gal I got her from told me she had some other things (I have since lost the email). Something about hypo? But I truly don't know what I can learn just by looking at her.

Can you help me out?

Isn't she adorable??? :D

Attachments

• Kaylee_Full_FORUM.JPG
    Kaylee_Full_FORUM.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 99
  • Kaylee_in_Cage_FORUM.JPG
    Kaylee_in_Cage_FORUM.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 99
  • Close_Face_Shot_FORUM.JPG
    Close_Face_Shot_FORUM.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 99
I don't see anything that would indicate her as being anything other than lavender. Being a female, there is a minimal chance that she might be a dark hypo lavender, but the only way to tell would be with breeding trials. She could also be het for any number of genes, but you can't tell most of them by just looking, and as for the couple of genes that MAY show some minor indication of being present in het form, I don't see those either in those photos. A belly photo MAY show one IF it is present.

a Belly shot

What is the trait you can tell from looking at the snake's belly? I'm trying to start learning this stuff.

As for the other stuff the snake supposedly has, it must have been het for something.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Belly_FORUM.JPG
    Belly_FORUM.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 81
The belly markings can be an unreliable way to look for visual hets, like bloodred. Some bloodred hets have a clear white stripe down the center of the bellies, some don't.

Ghost?

Can a snake be lavender and ghost at the same time?

I got the snake from someone who was going to breed her. She had specifically gotten her for being a lavender. But then she sold Kaylee to me because she got her hands on an adult.

Can a snake be lavender and ghost at the same time?

I got the snake from someone who was going to breed her. She had specifically gotten her for being a lavender. But then she sold Kaylee to me because she got her hands on an adult.

whoops haha i ment it looks like it may be hypo ghost and to think way outside the box( farfetched) maybe hypo snow not lavender

Now I know what she is...

I was finally able to contact the original breeder, and Kaylee is, officially, a female Lavender with het for hypo and het for amelanism. Her father was a hypo lavender and her mother was an opal.

I do see now, though, how close lavenders can look to ghosts.

Thanks, everyone!

:D

I was finally able to contact the original breeder, and Kaylee is, officially, a female Lavender with het for hypo and het for amelanism. Her father was a hypo lavender and her mother was an opal.

I do see now, though, how close lavenders can look to ghosts.

Thanks, everyone!

:D

i had one het right but id have never guessed amel

Back