• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

what is that??

Corn Crib

Proud Snow Corn Owner
on the very tip of my male snow corn he has a little red spot that has been there the whole time i have had him, he is almost 7 months old now and i have had him 3 of the 7 months and it has been there the whole time. is this for breeding/fighting? i realy dont know and i am getting kinda worried. it is the very very end of his tail and i just don't know what it is, please tell me. Thank You.:confused:

im sorry i dont have a pic but it is kinda like this =====> <-- right there the very very tip of his tail (that is my pic, lol, the best i can do) it is like 2-4 mm long and it is red. sorry for not havin a pic.

if the space between the arrows is where this red thing is i would have to say it is an everted hemipenis. if it is an everted hemipenis i would call the vet right away. i dont think having a permanatly eveerted hemipenis is good. it may be best if you ask you local reptile vet his opinion cause without a seeing it i dont think anyone could give you an explanation other then the one i just gave you.IMHO. maybe someone else has had this problem before but i dont really know what it could be.

hth
drizzt

ok i dont think it is the hemipenis because it is not coming out of the vent or anything, it's just that the end of his tail is red. like how my corn is like pinkish color well it looks like he is beginning to change colors because the very end of his tail is red, nothing is coming out of the vent.

If it's just a color difference, then you may have a Ruby Freckled snow corn that just isn't very freckled (yet).

Corn Crib, I dont think its anything to worry about. My cornsnakes all have a darker colour right at the end of their tails, depending on the type of corn depends on the colour. My normal corns have a black tip on the end, my charcoal corn has a black tip, my amelanistic corn has a bright red tip, my snowcorn has a pink tip, so I assume this is just the ending of their colouration.

Lol. x x

Back