• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What Is To Much??

SO i've had my 13inch ghost corn for about a week and a half. i get him out once a day to handle him for about a half hour or so. he hasnt snapped at me or givin much of a fight when i handle him. can u over handle a baby corn??? like handling him 3-4 times a day???

Some snakes are just inherently more calm than others, but if you notice it's getting stressed, or stops eating, then you might want to ease off. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about handling it a few times during the day. Little babies can get a little more jumpy, just because they're so small, so judge by the behavior how it's doing. Make sure you don't handle for at least two days after feeding though, if you don't already do that.

Vasurfr44 said:
SO i've had my 13inch ghost corn for about a week and a half. i get him out once a day to handle him for about a half hour or so. he hasnt snapped at me or givin much of a fight when i handle him. can u over handle a baby corn??? like handling him 3-4 times a day???

I don't know if anyone can answer this conclusively. I'm sure all agree that he shouldn't be held for 48 hours after eating. My guess is that it is very possible to over-handle a snake, particularly a young corn. Just because he's not fighting you doesn't mean that he isn't being stressed. My hatchlings will calmly sit in my hand like they don't have a care, but when I put them away, they usually disappear into the aspen in a flash. It makes it hard to convince myself that they are having as swell a time as I am. :awcrap:

Thank you much for the replies. and yes i've fed him twice and each time gave him 2 days b4 handling him again.. when i put him back in his home he doesnt jet off to his hide.. just kinda cralws around a bit, then will dissapear

Sounds like you have a nice mellow one. Enjoy! My amel was just like that, and he remains the calmest snake in my collection.

Often I sit down with Copper and surf the forum. I only handle her once a day. (You know, she rather likes the keyboard!)

Back