• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What Kind Of corn do i have?(pics)

TheProphecy

Kicksclusive.com
Hey whats up? I been on this site for about 2 days now and i made me wonder what kind of corn i have and how can i tell the diff. between corns? is it the colors and patterns? Shape and size of corn? Eyes? can anyone help me out alittle?

heres a pic of my corn im guessing its a "normal" (but i dont know jack) from other snakes i see around here its what most are calling a normal. You tell me lol (please)

images%20162.jpg

images%20165.jpg

meal.jpg

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 85
hes a bit more orange then the las pic i attached he looks more brown in the pic he looks like he does more in the top 3 then the bottom

You have a loveley normal corn there,

Can I give you a word of avice, feeding should be kept to a seperate container on news paper or paper towels, as feeding him in the tank he can ingest substrate with the mouse which can lead to impaction, another benefit of feeding in a seperate container is that he wont associate you with food when you go in the tank to pick him up or clean.

Just a suggestion :)

Yeah looks pretty normal to me. normal but pretty.....

The feeding advice from herpster is a good one.

Acradon

^^ thanks for the advice i found that out the otherday after i fed him that i should feed him in another container and i will do soo next feeding, as for size mouse im not suree i guess its a normal size. Another Question how can you tell what kind of corn you have? like i said I've been on this site for a few days and im really getting into this more. Thoes Candy Cains are hott!!! and the Blood Reds i just want to know more on how to identify corns and the type they are...

Another Question how can you tell what kind of corn you have? like i said I've been on this site for a few days and im really getting into this more. Thoes Candy Cains are hott!!! and the Blood Reds i just want to know more on how to identify corns and the type they are...

I suggest you go to this site and go through the pages there. Serp has made an excellent site on morphs and the meaning of the names and simple genetics. He also has a book out that goes deeper into genetics and Kathy Love has "The Corn Snake Manual" that explains a lot on many issues of the corn snake. Both are excellent and very helpful.
Serps:
http://www.serpwidgets.com/Apps/apps.html

Kathy Loves:
http://www.corn-utopia.com/

Also, doing a search on these forums for any topic that you might need help understanding is helpful in that you can get links to all the threads that deal with the topic you want.

Have fun reading.

Is that even a mouse? Holy crap that thing is huge.

Looks like small rat or something. It's got one looooong tail for a mouse, I dunno.

Definitely take the advice of feeding him on something other than the reptibark or pine/aspen, whichever you have. I was going to comment on that as soon as I saw the pic, but I'm glad someone else jumped it before me.

Back