• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What kind of mouse

beegierhart2

I have been breeding white mice for feeders for about a year now. I was just wondering as my snake collection grows if there are any other breeds that produce larger litters of pups. I currently get 16 to 20 pups in a litter. My idea is to produce more babies with the same amount of adults. Another thought might be the type of food. Any ideas?

16 to 20 os probably about as good as you are going to get. While I was breeding mice, 16 was the maximum I got, average was probably around 12-13.

If you can find some swiss-webster strain mice, they are selectively bred for larger litters, like 20-30 allegedly, but I think gestarion is a little longer, closer to 4 weeks.

I started off with pink-eyed whites, and then added in some patterned mice. It may just be luck, but the whites have bigger litters, so I'm going to go back to just them.
There was a thread recently about a genetic problem with some patterned mice producing deformed offspring due to a link with their pigment distribution, and some colours of mice aer linked to lethal genes (yellow) and obesity.

Back