• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What male for my girl??????

Farmgirl

So I have a female Okeetee who will be breeding age/size next season. I bought her from a private owner, so have no clue about her hets.

Trying to figure out what morph of male to get her to maximize (while not knowing her hets) the variety in the brood.

My baby corns breeder says Reverse Okeetee, what do you all think?? And if any of you here in BC want to put your male with Ananta for pick of the litter or stud fee, I am open to offers!!

Technically she is a normal. And without knowing if there are any hets there really is not alot of really cool things you can do.
But she IS a wonderful okeetee......
If she were mine I would be looking for a really nice male okeetee to mate with her. I would go directly to Lee Abbott and get her a nice mate.

So Okeetee's are genetically considered a normal (is that why there is no Okeetee choice on the corn calculator?? Do I just choose "normal"?)

Being in Canada, I am not sure If I can get one of Lee Abbot's (unless he'll be in Abbotsford at the show this weekend) But may be able to find an "Abbot's Okeetee from a Canadian Breeder.

Yes, okeetees are a line-bred genetically normal snake. So are Miami phase. For more examples, sunglows, reverse okeetees, and candy-canes are all genetically amelanistic, but look very different because they were bred to have a particular look.

So your okeetee is unlikely to have many hets, so I'd choose the best okeetee male I could find, and go from there.

Another okeetee or a reverse okeetee (RO) would be a good match for her! This way, you could see if she carried amel (a common het) and you could possibly get more RO's or at the very least a nice clutch of okeetee's.

Alright, so my best set is to start looking for another Okeetee or RO for Ananta!! I think I would maybe prefer an RO, that way there is diversity in my collection too!!

She's a beautiful Okeetee! I agree about getting a RO for her, they're beautiful! And it would be a good way to test her out for het Amel.

As for the photos. I always upload mine to Photobucket (google it). Then you jsut copy/paste the IMG code from the picture you want to show off.

It slows down my computer when I upload so I usually start a big upload and go do something else for a while :)

As mentioned, unless she is het Amel, you will get all Normals from pairing her with an RO, but the nice thing about that pairing is that the babies would likely have very nice borders.

You could hold back some of the babies and breed them back to their parents and end up with nice Okeetees and Reverse Okeetees.

Also, there is the chance that your girl could be het Amel. It is fairly common.

I vote for getting an RO, especially if you're looking for diversity. At least you would have another beautiful animal that would be different than the one you have now!

Beautiful girl, thanks for sharing. Good luck finding a nice mate for her. :cheers:

Back