• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

what morph goes well with a normal.

kingkong

wich would be the best corn snake morph to breed to my male normal corn snake to get very nice valuble babies.:toiletgra

how to find hidden hetshttp://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/images/smilies/crap.gif

sorry about all the questions. but can any of you please tell me how to find any hidden hets and if i breed him to female with hets will i get some morphs.thanks.

The only way to find out about hidden hets, is to breed with different morphs. Unfortunately, you could be test breeding for years in order to reach the conclusion that your current snake has no hets.

Your best bet to test to hidden hets would probably be a Snow - that has a combination of Amel and Anery, which would be the hets that a Normal is most likely to be carrying. However, Amels, Anerys and Snows aren't valuable and there would still be a lot of Normals in the clutch. On the other hand, your Normal could have no hets at all, in which case breeding it with a Snow would just produce a clutch of Normals.

If you want to produce valuable morphs, then you need to go and buy different breeding animals. Do some research in advance - decide what morphs you really like the look of and which will sell well in your area (I don't think you'll be able to ship them outside your area until you're 18), then buy the Corns that will give you those morphs. Unfortunately, as you're looking to produce valuable morphs, the Corns you buy will be a lot more expensive than your Normal was.

what do think would make a nice pier.
That really is a matter of personal taste. I happen to love Butter Motleys, so any pair that gives me those is right at the top of my list. I have a Motley couple with partial stripes and they occasionally throw the most wonderfully-marked hatchlings (mostly not though, it has to be said!).

However, Butter Mots aren't a particularly valuable morph if that's still a criteria for you.

Have a browse on a few breeders websites to find what you like. Serpenco is always a good place to window-shop for morphs and I'm sure many people here either have, or can recommend, other good sites with a range of morph photos.

thanks alot the only problem is i live in south Africa and there are not nearly as many corn snake breeders.:awcrap:

idk iv been looking for a male normal my female produced eggs this year but i dont have a male so u can see the problem

Sad news huh? :sad:
I got the same news back when I just had my one normal girl. Then I went on a rampage of trying to find the right male for her. And now.. I have more than I can count, lol.

Here is my advice to you. Find a morph you like, and get a pair. Similar in age to your normal girl. Raise them, and use them as your main breeders. Then if you want, you can try the male on your female at some point and hey, see what you get! That way you don't go through a million snakes like I did and end up breeding other morphs anyway. And you can breed your girl later and test the odds.

(Sometimes there ARE hets, don't lose all hope!)

Ali

Back