• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

what morph?

Magdalen

So I mentioned in my intro post I was looking into getting a corn as my get back into reptiles snake. I was all set to go to this LPS that claimed to have several different morphs. Nice store, but they were small and just had a few adults that were surrendered to them. But as I was there I happened to notice the cutest normal phase hognose out and about, just chilling all cool as can be. So long story short I have an extreme red albino western hognose on hold from a local breeder.

My plan now, since I don't mind waiting is to pick up a corn from the Sac Reptile Expo. That way I can save on shipping, get a first had look at what I am getting. My problem is I can't land on what color morph I want. Right now I am kind of leaning towards an Opal. But that could change between now and the show, or even when I get there and see an animal I just need.

So what morphs does everyone like? Pictures? Enable me haha. At least with reasonably priced ones. I find I like the bright orange/firey red animals but I figured I want something a little different from my hognose.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/snagonpics/albums/72157661025812324

All but two (orchid and palmetto) of my current collection are in this album. (You can also find them all with genetic info on iHerp at the link in my sig.) I don't buy what I don't like, though I wouldn't consider them all favorites in general. For example, I'm not usually huge on anery, but India's ink black saddles really sold me on her.

Other favorites include charcoal + all types of hypo (getting a diamond later this year), blizzard/whiteout, anything I currently have + any pattern morph, anything with red factor, anything combined with sunkissed, and my favorite color morph of them all...lava lavender.

Thanks Dragonling! I'll have to look thru those when Flickr is behaving. I'm also looking at blizzard/whiteout and if I remember correctly lava lavender was another I liked. As well as palmetto, but I'm not spending that kind of money... yikes. BTW as I was looking at morph pics, blizzard palmetto has me scratching my head. Am I missing something?

Lol! A white color morph on a mostly white pattern isn't very impressive, is it? Still, all possible gene combos are worth exploring when a new pattern morph is discovered. Who knows when we will find another mind blowing combination like sunkissed cinder? There's another favorite...ANYTHING cinder!

Magdalen, I'll be at Sac this year and while I won't have many babies, I will have several adults for sale due to my current health issues. These will include a butter, my almost-sunglow male, a sunglow motley female, a fluorescent amel on the brighter end of the spectrum. Also an anery or two. Babies should be normals/redcoats and maybe ultramels or amels as well as some sunglow or sunglow motleys.

Oh cool! Do you have pictures of them some where? Is the butter male or female? How big is the sunglow female?

The butter is a male. The sunglow motley female is probably a good 4 1/2 feet. I got her from Don at SMR as a proven breeder. She's fine to handle but can be a little exciting to remove from her enclosure which is one of the reasons why she's one of the ones I'm rehoming.

'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter', my likely-parthenogenic boyo, is usually a delight to handle but can be a little flighty sometimes. He eats great and he's around 200 grams right now.

Back