• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What Should I do???

Tracee

Grrrl
I had to drill a hole in the side (the back, actually) of my vivarium. Not very discreet, but it works - depending on what your viv is made out of, of course.

Ok... I bought a thermostat, but I haven't installed it yet because my room sits at least at 83-86 degrees in the day, so I don't have my heaters plugged in... Well anyway, My question is how do you fit the probe of the thermostat in your tanks with screened lids??? I can barely pin the screens closed with the thermometer probe placed in the tank and the thermostats temp. probe is much larger... What can I do??? My snakes are all babies and I'm scared to leave gaps or put a hole big enough for the probe through the screen... :awcrap: What are your ideas??? Help me Please...

OK... I can't drill any holes, because the vivs are glass... Thankyou for your help though... I wish I could do that...
So any other ideas on how to fix my problem???

My snakes are all babies and I'm scared to leave gaps or put a hole big enough for the probe through the screen

Definitely do not leave a gap. Corns are great escape artist and will surely find any holes or gaps.

What type of lid do you have? Is there any way to post a pic?

My vivs have screen slider lids... The vivs like you see at all the reptile shows... I'd post a pic but I'm retarded on the computer... I have to figure it out so I can post pics of all my pretty snakes...

I am not familiar with that type of lid, so I wouldn't want to give you some bad advice.

I am sure someone on here will know what to do. Just do without until someone can help you.

Sorry :)

My vivs have screen slider lids... The vivs like you see at all the reptile shows... I'd post a pic but I'm retarded on the computer... I have to figure it out so I can post pics of all my pretty snakes...
If it's one of the Zilla sliding top enclosures there are knockouts at the back that can be removed to allow cables to enter the vivarium.
On their website click on "Download High-Res Image" for any of the vivs listed and it'll show a close-up of what I mean.
http://www.zilla-rules.com/products/critter-cages.htm

Unfortunately mine are not like that one... I wish it was it would be lots easier... Mine reminds me kind of a screen for a window... Just framed mesh that slides in... I think I'm going to have to go to the reptile store and have them show me what to do... Thankyou for your help... I'm gonna buy zilla from now on...

My snake's first viv had a sliding plastic top with a screen. I cut a small slit, just big enough for the wire, in the "ledge" that supported the top. If you cut a corresponding slit in the top it allows clearance for the wire.

Edit: sorry this post is out of place?

Yah thats what I'm gonna have to try... The probe is just kinda big a nd my snakes are fairly small and I don't want to risk them getting out... I'm a nervous mom and I worry to much about my kids...:eek:

If you have to make a large hole try using some silicone sealant to plug it after inserting the probe, or use it to affix a small plastic cover.

Thats kinda what I was thinkin... At least someone is on the same page as me... Thankyou...:)

Back