• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

what shuld i do??

Snake guy23

:( i have a dillema... I just got three corn snakes with $$ from mi bonus at work. one is a yearling. One is an 18 month, and one is an adult. My wife says I can only keep 1, but there all so cool and I cant decide. Their all snow cornsnakes. Which 1 should I keep?
:confused: :eek:

The yearling it still gives you time to bond with it as it grows and should not have feeding problems or other difficulties youd have with a hatchling

The calmest one, then maybe your wife will come to love it and you can get more! Alternatively, ask your wife to leave! ;)

tell your wife your the man of the house and your keeping all 3 thats what I did when my wife said she didn't want any snakes in the house I went out and bought 2

1 Lavender motley and a ball python now my wife thinks they are cute but she still won't touch them LOL.

Re:

Interesting situation indeed. I'm newly married too, but I never let my husband tell me what I can or cannot get within reason. :D

Not trying to get you into trouble, but its your money and your house too, so I think you have just as much right to say "I'm keeping them" as she says "I just bought 5 new pairs of shoes on sale!". Tit for tat in my opinion.

Just keep them for a while and see if they bother her that much. Put them in your "guy room" and let it be. I just one upped my husband, got more snakes than he could remember how many I had and he stopped counting. I've got 7 more since then. =P

They can be our little secret. ;)

Well you could always send them to me my wife won't mind me having a couple more besides I have my own guy room.
oldneo@comcast net just incase you need the help send me a line.

Ah yes, the marriage delemma. I've been married for close to 14 years and I have to say a happy marriage is all about compromise. If you have to choose then I would pick which ever snake appeals to you the most (assuming they're all healthy). Later your wife may see how wonderful Corns are too and then you can acquire another one- perhaps she'll even pick it out.

I don't think my wife would have liked me coming home with more than one snake in the beginning but after only a couple of months she was agreeable for a second. I would try one with your wife and see how it goes, if it works out get more. There's certainly no shortage of Corns so you can always pickup another later.

Cheers,
Jason

Hmmm. Marriage (in my opinion anyway) should be the effort to make each other's life better. Each should be honestly willing to give the other the larger piece of pie. It's not about denying one another that which makes life fun and enjoyable. Life should be better together than it was while being single.

Any marriage that has devolved to the point where one tries to make the other's life less fullfilling should be abandoned before it gets worse.

Like I said, in my opinion.

keep the youngest, imo there is nothing like being able to say "i remember when it was only...ft" :) i love doing that :)

haha

your being controlled by your wife!!!!!i'm 12 and my mom did the same thing when i got some pythons (i don't know if wives are more controlling than mothers) but i eventually got all the pythons i wanted... just wait. Soon you'll be keeping all of them. If you were the snake would you like to be decided over? NO. So keep 'em all.

My sugestion is to go with the younger one if this is your first snake. That way you both get the chance to get used to eachother and avoid problems down the road.

hmm....

I'd say the yearling because if your wife ends up not liking them (practially impossible, but I guess there is still a chance), then you would have a snake longer because the yearling would probably live longer than the other two (because it's the youngest and the other two would die:( sooner probably).

Good luck....

Adam

Back