• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What size should fuzzies be?

Fordie

My 6month old amber is eating 2 f/t pinkies at a time, twice a week. She is around 14/16 millimeters in width and around 37cm long. Wondering when i should start her on fuzzies?
My pet shop sells f/t fuzzies and i had a look at them but they seem so much bigger than pinkies, about 2cm in width and around 5/6cm long?
Are these fuzzies that i was looking at?
Also, how does her size sound for her age?
Thanks

That sounds too big to be fuzzies. My fuzzies are probably no more than 2-3cm.
If the two pinkies don't leave a very noticeable lump in your snake or if the lump disappears very quickly after feeding then it is time to bump the snake up a prey size. I find that one fuzzy is pretty much the same size as two pinkies anyway; if your snake can handle those, he can probably handle a fuzzy. Hope that helped. :)

Yea the bump goes down after about only 12hours or so, think ill try steppin it up a notch.
Thanks

I bought fuzzies at a reptile show and they were very big. I did not notice right away. Firebolt tried to eat it but it would not go down. She finally gave up. That is when I noticed it was a lot larger than the pinkies. I went to Petco and had to get smaller fuzzies.

Back