• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What size should she be eating?

tirevy

My '08 normal is about 155g and 32". She is about 2 3/4 inches in circumference around her thickest part. About 2 cm in diameter (about 1 inch almost). Should she be eating adult mice at this point or hoppers?

What is she currently eating, how often, and does it leave a visible bulge in her after swallowing? Sounds like she's still a growing girl and maybe adult mice might be a bit big at the moment, but it rather depends on what she's used to eating.

I would feed a snake that size a weanling mouse weighing about 15 grams-17 grams. I gradually increase the mouse size as the snake approaches 200 grams, and by the time they are 200 grams they are eating small adult mice of about 17-21 grams. When they are up over 250, then they get mice that are about 25 grams. I don't feed jumbo mice, 28 grams or bigger, to anything but the largest corns, that are eating bi-weekly.

Looking at that advice, it seems like the mouse weight is about 10% of the snake weight. That really only holds true for just this very narrow weight range of 150-250 gram corns.

Thanks so much. She's currently eating 3 or 4 fuzzies at a time. The bulge doesn't last long!

If you can get adult mice in different sizes, sounds like it would be fine to try a small or even medium mouse.

I feed them food that is as wide as the thickest part of the snake. It sounds like your snake could easily eat young adult (weaned) mice.

eat1.jpg

Thanks so much. She's currently eating 3 or 4 fuzzies at a time. The bulge doesn't last long!

This isn't really that good.

You're shooting for one food item per feeding. I can feed my adult five or six hopper and not have a bulge. Or one adult mouse.

Try looking at this?

-When they're on single pinks (2-3g), I feed every 5-6 days. (Snake = 4-15g)
-Double pinks (3g x 2) every 5-6 days. (Snake = 16-23g)
-Small fuzzies (5-7g) every 6-7 days. (Snake = 24-30g)
-Regular fuzzies (7-9g) every 6-7 days (Snake = 30-50g)
-Hoppers (9-12g) every 6-7 days (Snake = 51-90g)
-Weaned (14-20g) every 7 days (Snake = 91-170g)
-Adult (20-30g) every 7-x days (Snake = 170+) See below.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50106

Back