• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

what the heck... my corn was just swimming with his face underwater

Prattj

Can snakes hold their breath? I didnt know what to do.... he just stuck the first 1/4 of his body in the water and his whole head was submerged. Im telling you guys... something is up with him. He is freaking me out!!!

Pretty normal for these guys...

DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0452.jpg

Well he has never done it before and it wasnt his whole body it was basically only his face and it was like he was looking for something. THANK YOU IM RELIEVED!

My okeetee is bad for doing that but it's no big deal. Had a ball python once that would just jam his whole head in the water... he always was a strange one.

It was kinda cute, but made me nervous because he has been acting all sorts of out of character lately. I think he is just in the mood and is going crazy lol

My snow stripe girl does that most of any of mine. She dives in face first and sits there for a bit. She's a weirdo anyway lol

I don't think many animals commit suicide. Something would have to be seriously off for an animal to not realize they are drowning.

My snakes do this sometimes too. They will even flick their tongue underwater! And they will also drink while they are entirely submerged. I think snakes don't breathe as often as we do, especially since their one lung is so long.

My butter used to do that. She went through a growth spurt where she shed about every two an half weeks. Also she kept doing that afterwords. I switched to Ecoearth and the humidity up just a titch. She hasn't been in since and she just shed again.

I thought it was cute :) but at the same time i was a little freaked since he is usually so shy. Women will make men do crazy things i guess ha

I never had a corn snake who did that until just this past Summer when it got really really hot and in the attic it was awful even with a window air unit and a big fan. Some of the babies that I have do that now but before I never seen any do it. It's weird to watch them when they do it though and cute!

Back