• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What to do when your adult corn gets too big for his paper towel tube...

Bobo's Mama

proud corn mommy!
...upgrade of course! Bobo, my '04 amel, who is around 730g is shown trying out his latest hide. Its a big cylinder of oatmeal. Perfect for adults who are way too big for the old paper towel tube, but still like jamming themselves into those types of hides.

Attachments

• Bobo tube1.JPG
    Bobo tube1.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 191
  • bobo tube2.JPG
    bobo tube2.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 192
  • bobo tube 3.JPG
    bobo tube 3.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 191
  • bobo tube 4.JPG
    bobo tube 4.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 192
Too funny..they have no problem wedging themselves into little places. Good idea on the oatmeal tube, although those take me 6 months to eat just one!

That's a great idea! It's funny how one starts to look at disposable containers in a new light. I realized a rinsed-out milk carton is also good, and coated with wax. Tissue boxes and shoe boxes are my other favorites!

Yeah I remember the old days when I had like 5 corns each one had one of those fancy expensive "rock" hides, lol now my tubs are full of tp rolls, tissue boxes, deli cups, never thought of oatmeal tubes though. That is a good idea =)

And here I thought I was the only one that went through enough oatmeal to make hids out of the containers. LOL These containers work great for smaller boas too. :) Pretty snake you have too.

Very nice! I just bought 5 feet long of 3 inch PVC pipe. For like 4 bucks.. :) I think I'm going to be cutting it in 8 inch long sections and use it for my snakeys.. :)

I've got some tubing from plastic shelving units that no longer exist. I put one in I cabod's viv just for fun. I didn't really think he'd use it but he loves it. He goes thru it when cruising around & he uses it as a hide. He also has a fancy schmancy hide rock, hasn't used that yet, and a flower pot on the hot side, which he used only after eating 11/8 before going right back to the plastic tube. Weird. I guess I don't need to buy or make fancy hides, just give them boxes & various odds & ends!

I use the tubes from a local carpet shop for the adult corns. (The tubes the rolls of carpets come on, they are about 25mm thick and when they get stained I just replace them)

Plastic tubes just make me a _little_ nervous. What if the snake gets stuck or won't come out??

Plastic tubes just make me a _little_ nervous. What if the snake gets stuck or won't come out??

Mine is open at both ends, & wide enough that Icabod ~can't~ get stuck. If he won't come out, I'm OK with that, he'll come out when he's hungry, but I am pretty sure I can gently pour him out by tipping the tube.

Ah, I love the ghetto chic approach! Thank goodness my daughter likes oatmeal. I know it's good for me, but unless oatmeal is disguised in a cookie or a meatloaf, I'd personally just as soon eat the container!

(The rolls from large-diameter wrapping paper work well, too.)

Back