• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

what type is my snake???

itzchaboiwesley

can anyone id my snake. thinkin its like an Abbott's Okeetee Miami or something...maybe :shrugs: lol i derno

DONE.jpg

FULL.jpg

FeedingAlmostDone.jpg

Feeding.jpg

haha wow well wasent i off. well when i was lookin at snakes on diff website it shows a pic of a snake that looks like her and shows the name abbott okeetee miami so i was like hmm guess thats why she is lol so its just "normal" no okeetee or anything

Age cannot really be judged by size or weight, she's definitely a hatchling though, probably not more than a month or two old.

Which website was this?

Okeetees, Abbotts okeetees and Miamis are all technically normals but they have very distinctive looks.

I think this means that one parent was a miami and the other was an abbotts okeetee, that doesn't make the babies abbott's okeetee miamis...will be interesting to see how those develop though...

Perhaps Joni is trying to breed miamis with very thick borders?

Meg is probably correct in that Joni is trying to create a wide bordered Miami phase. Those hatchlings look to take more after the Okeetee side with their thicker borders, but it also looks like she has been able to lighten up the ground color as well.

Your hatchling is a pretty normal, but not one of the selectively bred phases. It has too much ground color to be a Miami phase and the saddle borders are not big enough to classify it as an Okeetee phase.

hi there mine has the same colours/markings and on his feeding sheet i got with him it said carolina corn snake duno if this helps

oh ya you might not see it but she has the normal colors but towards the end she gets darker instead of it being like a light brown she starts to get a gray color and the spots like on the normal is like brownish or water with a black border. well where its grey its just looks like black spots. and you can barely see the brown spots in that black

hmm i been looking at the okeetee and miami and what not and i think she looks like a miami becaushe she has the grey background color and etc.

That's a normal (wild type, classic) corn snake. All normal hatchlings start out with grayish background color. All those spots of orange will spread out as the snake grows.

A lovely Normal you have there. Duff's right - they look almost Anery when first hatched in tones of black and grey. The reds/oranges only start to come out with the first couple of sheds.

Make sure you take plenty if photos, cos I guarantee you'll barely think it's the same snake this time next year. All those brown, red and orange tones will fill out and deepen with each shed.... Gorgeous!

Honestly, you don't need some exotic morph or locality variation to end up with a stunning-looking Corn - a well-coloured/marked Normal is a creature of rare beauty.

Thick bordered miamis would be nice if they had the miami color and the okeetee borders. I hope she can accomplish it ;)

Your baby from what I can see looks like a nice normal.. But I can't see it really well..

My normal was sold to me as a miami..

But each time he sheds the colour change is amazing - he has only shed about 4 times with me but you would not say he is the same snake.. He may not be a morph of any kind but he has the best personality of them all and I think hes gorgeous :)

Back