• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

what type of corn snake???

amicoolchick

i posted a thread yesterday asking for some help id'ing my daughters snake, i had a reply telling me that it could be an oketee but the pic id sent wasnt too clear, a friend came around today and thinks it could be a normal, now my 7 year old daughters confused, so am i so ive taken a better pic for one of you snake pros to get me a positive id, as my daughter and i would really appreciate it, thanks ami.

Attachments

• 040720093210.JPG
    040720093210.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 91
Osiris X said:
Isnt Oketee considered normal?

Yes and no. They're essentially genetic normals that have been bred for specific traits- but like many things its more complicated than that. You can read my okeetee post for more information about locality okeetees and okeetee phase snakes.

Amicoolchick,
Your daughter's snake looks like a very nice little normal corn to me, lovely pattern, and will develop a lot more color after every shed. It should grow into a pretty snake- oh and don't be dissappointed by the name "normal", normals are very nice looking animals.

Cheers,
Jason

Interesting stuff you wrote on the Okeetee's Jason. I will be getting a pair of Okeetees from Mike that are from original Okeetee hunt club stock. They are pure back to the originals. I'm really excited! And that normal is absolutely beautiful. It's going to be a really nice animal when it gets bigger!

Meg,

If you haven't read any of Kauffeld's books, I highly recommend it. They were written in the late 50's and 60's and I find that his writing makes me feel like I'm seeing things through the eyes of well educated child who has a great enthusiasm for snakes and other animals. Although obviously a bit dated, they're just plain fun. I believe Okeetee's are referenced in Snakes the Keeper and the Kept as well as Snakes and Snake Hunting.

Back