• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What type should i get?

maverick_8teen

Ive been reading up on snakes alot in here and so far i seem to understand all that is going on and ive made a few stops to the stores to find everything i need for a snake. It seems i have all the basics down so far but i have yet to look into a specific type of snake. I want a corn (as they seem to be a great begginer snake) but there are different types and i was wondering if there is much difference in the types and if so what would you suggest as the best type? What do you prefer and why?

This is the "Breeding/Egg Production & Care" sub-forum. Your question belongs in "Miscellaneous" or "General Chit Chat". But anyway...

No, there really aren't any broad generalizations you can make for the appearance types beyond appearance. Some of the morphs have certain reputations, but they are rarely applicable to even a majority of the examples within the morph. For example, Miamis have a reputation for being small, slender snakes. But there is no shortage of large Miami-phase corns out there. Okeetees have a rep for being large and heavy-bodied, but there are plenty of small adults. Bloodreds have a reputation for problem feeding and feistiness, but it certainly isn't the rule. Get one that's healthy, appeals to you visually, and that you feel comfortable handling. :)

Back