• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

what will i get if i breed these two????

wisconsin

brandon
i have a female snow corn (kinda pink looking maybe bublegum snow [how can i tell??]) and a male motley ghost corn.

just wondering (since this is my first year, and they won't breed til next year or two) what offspring i will get if and when they breed ----please help me all you snake breeding pro's what i will get and how i can tell difference between snow and bubblegum snow.......thanks a million!

:shrugs: :shrugs: :shrugs:

Well if your snow is a bubble gum then shes homo hypo too. sooo:

Male is, Ghost, Motley
Female is, Snow, Hypomelanistic (masked)

Offspring are predicted to be...
100.00%, Ghost, Het for Amel, Het for Motley

HOWEVER if your snows NOT homo hypo then:

Male is, Ghost, Motley
Female is, Snow

Offspring are predicted to be...
100.00%, Anerythristic, Het for Amel, Het for Hypomel, Het for Motley

Those results are predicted NOT knowing hets. Now im assuming both animlas will be het for something ;)

thanks guys---i have kathy love's book about corn snakes and i just got to the part about het and amel and stuff but not sure what it means---please explain to me in "dumbspeak" what the babies will look like---thanks

and remember ignorance is bliss (just kidding)

het is short for heterozygous, which means they are carrying the trait. They will be just regular looking anerys that are carrying the Amelanistic, Hypomelanistic, Motley traits.

Bubblegum snows are line bred, they are not 'known' to be homozygous hypo like 'coral' snows are.

You will get CORNS for sure :cool:

Sorry... had to.

Looks like the answers have been given to the fullest.

There is also a program that will answer some of these questions.

The Cornsnake Morph Guide is a good book to pick up. It discusses genetics in a fashion that even I can sort of understand as well as list the morphs.

Follow this link.

I have been playing with this thing for a few days, and it really, REALLY helps to figure out what snakes you need to get to breed a specific morph. I have run countless "breeding trials" on this thing over the last few days, searching for the easiest way(s) to get to a very specific morph that I want to breed.

It's alot of fun to play with, too...

Back