• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What will i get if i breed..

Mexican Black King X Blizzard Corn = Hybrid (not sure how they would look)

Blizzard X Blizzard = Blizzards (unless each parent carries other genes for Example: them being het Bloodred, het Hypo, het Caramel, etc.)

Blizzard X Amel Stripe = Amels het Charcoal & Stripe (unless each parent carries other genes like mentioned above only this time if the Blizzard is het Stripe then you will produce Amels and Amel Stripes.) It all depends on what other genes are under the surface = the fun part about breeding snakes....you never know!

In my opinion I wouldn't bother with crossing the Mexican Black King with the Corn, I don't think there are alot of Hybrids lovers out there, unless you are planning on keeping most of the babies. You will have better luck selling pure cornsnake babies, if thats what you are interested in :shrugs:

agreed... i don't even consider hybrids when shopping, but if you are doing it for your own enjoyment..good luck it should be interesting.

Corn + King = Jungle
I dont think there morphs have been maped yet, as far as im aware they're a fairly new genus with very little research being done into them.
Which is sad because for the few I have seen they looked amazing.

If the MBK is a female I would recommend not trying that cross as she would likely try eating the corn. It does help if you have a pair of each (1.1 MBK & 1.1 corn). There is a lot of trickery involved in hybrid breeding.

i just wanna see the babies...i think theyd look amazing.
They might. On the other hand they might look like rubbish, which is the risk with hybrids - bit of an unknown quantity unless the pair already has a track record. Selling/rehoming un-pretty snakes might be difficult these days!

If I go into breeding, and I'm not sure yet, I think I'll try breeding hybrids too. Since you are not in North America I think you may have better luck finding homes for the hatchlings. I'm only saying that because you don't have kings and corns running around in the wild and most people in the states want a snake they can recognize from the fields or some type of fancy morph. Do a little footwork and see if the demand is high for hybrids where you are and watch them closely if you end up putting them together.

I plan on breeding a couple of types of hybrids in the future, in order to get some pretty sweet things that I like and cannot afford. I also want to try for a couple of things that I have not seen yet, but those would be f2/f3 babies that I would be working on, so I will possibly be keeping whole clutches in order to have a better chance at hitting the gene's.

I'm thinking of producing a collection of lavender morphs, I only need to get some nice lavender snakes first. I've seen a lavender Cal king and thought: how about lavender jungles? I don't know if it can be done but it sure would be cool if it did.

I know some people look down on hybrids, but I have seen some very cool Jungle corns. A Lavander Jungle corn could be pretty cool.

Back