• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

when mice can breed

MightyNutteR

When exactly can mice breed? i bought a male, large-ish. but they had no females, so i went to another pet shop, got 2 females from there, but they seem to be so small compared to the male. just wondering how old can they be to breed? and if you can, please post pics on mice and their age. thanks.

I don't have pics of the different ages of mice. Sorry.
Sounds like your male is older than your females, but mice are pretty much old enough to breed as soon as they are weaned. Some people prefer to hold the females back before introducing to the males until they are about 6-8 weeks old~ and that is a good idea if your breeding fancies and/or are attatched to your animals as pets. If your breeding feeders~ just leave the girls alone with your male. Even if they are very small, if they are weaned they are approx 3 weeks old. It will take a couple weeks for the introductions~ then your male will begin breeding your girls. Another 3 weeks gestation. So your lookin at least a month, probably more like two or even a bit more before you'll be seeing any pups.
Most of my girls put on good wieght and look like BIG mice after the first litter or two.
Good luck!

Back