• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

When to Feed, help?

LindsayMarie

Been here awhile
I wasnt quite sure where to put this thread, so if it needs moved, I understand.

Anyways, my first hatchling is 7 days old today and the other 15 in the clutch range from 1 day old to 6 days. They took their time hatching. Number 1 hasnt shed, like I said he is 7 days old, do I still try and feed? Or wait till the first shed on each one? Also is there any reason that could have caused him not to shed by a week of age? Thats when it seems everyone elses shed or said they should shed!!!?? I dont want to do anything wrong, this is my first clutch ever and a very important one (arent they all :D)

Thank you for any help. Lindsay

I started finding skins in my hatchling's containers around nine days after they hatched. I waited until eight out of nine had shed before feeding- the one that hadn't shed was one of the three that didn't eat, but accepted a pinkie at the next feeding, so I would recommend waiting until after shed before feeding. You can try it, but it might be a waste of a pink.

I've had them shed any time 7-14 days after hatching. Once again, they don't know "The Rules"!

Wait to feed them until after they shed. If they shed on different days, feed them on different days.

The "rules" are just general guidelines, so don't put too much stock in them. As for feeding new hatchlings, I usually wait for the first shed, but have fed right out of the egg successfully as well. So really, whatever you feel most comfortable with. If you're starting to wonder, go ahead and try to feed. It won't hurt anything if they eat before shedding.

Thanks for the help everyone! #1 shed last night and I havent checked today. I will try and feed any that have shed tonight including him ;) I also made it a little more moist for them all (that should help). I did notice, many seemed to be males. I wont know and/or write it until after they shed and I know for sure. But #1 is a def male :punch: LOL

Back