• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

When to move to the next size up

rickyrivers

Hello everyone!
I fed my corn today and after she was done eating I didn't notice a big lump on her belly. I'm making little slits on the mouse back before feeding it to my snake, so I can't really go with the 48hr rule to see if the lump went away during this time. ( You all know what I'm talking about ).
Unfortunately I don't have a digital scale, otherwise I would be following the Munson Plan... but because I don't know my cornsnake's weight I must ask you guys: Should I move to the next size up? In this case it would be weaned because she's eating hoppers. Can I feed 2 hoppers in one meal 'till I go out and buy some weaned mice?
My Cornsnake measures 25 inches long, and I was told she was born December 11, 2006 ( I'm not sure if this date is right, because I've seen corns bigger than her that are younger).

Thank you,
Ricky.

You don't need a scale or a plan, just stick with the general rule:

Food item should be no more than 1 1/2 times the width of the snake, at the widest part.

If there's no lump right after eating, that's a good sign it's time to move up. You can feed 2 at a time to use up your current supply.

Back