• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

When to move your Corn up from one pinkie

scone

Hello!
So I have had my first pet corn for two months now, she is a very healthy eater, eagerly eats a pinkie every 6/7 days. I have noticed recently that the bump of the mouse is hardly noticeable. She shed last week and i measured her shed as 22 inches. Should i try feeding her two pinkies next week or 1 and a half?

Now, this is just me, but I don't really give double pinkies unless that's all I have and snakes gotta eat. I keep a small colony of mice and I'll just give them a slightly larger one as they grow. Since there can be a drastic difference in the size of two mice that still qualify as "pinkies" I don't like to categorize sizes very much with snakes in the 'in between' stages. I just kinda eyeball it and give them an extra plump pink, close to peach fuzz. I figure as the snakes grow the food should grow, the nutrition of larger prey changes as does the dietary needs of a growing snake.

Thank you for your responses! I am looking into buying some larger(older) pinkies online since i need to replenish my mouse supply. I will try feeding her one of these that I order then next week! Hopefully that will work out :D

Hello!
She shed last week and i measured her shed as 22 inches.

Just a nitpick, but I thought that measuring shed skin was unreliable in determining actual length of the snake?

Regardless, if the bump is barely noticeable that is an indication that you should up your feeder size, no matter what her length is.

I also measured my snake herself and got the same measurement, I had been curious if there would be a difference in between the two.

Does anyone know of a good place to order different sizes of pinkies online?

ive had my snake for two and half months n im feeding my guy double pinkies every saturday. this feed was the last double pinky and im moving up to fuzzies this coming saturday. i know hell be fine i fed him a fuzzy a couple weeks ago and he was fine so by now hes definately ready. his food bump is already gone and its only been two days..IF that!

Back