• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

when to switch cages

ara35

So my snake is one year old and is about 24 inches. he is currently in a 10 gallon aquarium... when should i move him to a larger one and what size should i move him to? thanks!

Well if you have the means to do it move him up now!! A 20L in the min for an adult corn so ya know.

He's probably ready to move to his adult home. A 20G long is good if you are going for aquarium housing. You could get something bigger if you want a great display, as long as it has at least as much floor area as a 20G long. Babies get stressed by too much space. I think it's because in the wild when they are little they are food for almost everything, but at 1 year and good length on him he won't be stressed by moving straight into adult quarters.

Edit: Why buy more vivariums (viraria?) than you have to, when he can move into his adult home and then finish growing up? Unless, of course, you want to have a spare around, then you could move him into a tub home for the next year or so then and save up for a fancy final home for him. The spare would then be ready to be cleaned and used for ANOTHER snake, and you know you NEED another snake, right? Oh, and when he moves you can get a 2010 hatchling & put them in the 10G, too.

why buy more than one tank. you can just buy his adult tank and a divider then as the snake gets older you move the divider so the tank gets''bigger'' when ever your snake gets bigger unless of course you already have the cages to level the snake up

oh you know that theres a reptile show on Saturday in lancaster at the Lancaster County Convention Center 9:00 am - 4:30 pm you could get a tank there and you could stock up on mice and you never know what snake will catch your eye and you could breed that to something then you could get some extra cash

Back