• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

when will he shed

It's ok your cornsnake should shed once every month or once every two months. Just give him time and enjoy his nice colors now. He will shed don't worry.

ash_the_snakeman said:
hi i have had my hatchling corn snake for a week and a day i am not sure when he last shed how can you tell when he will shed
You can tell because he'll go into the 'blue' phase as he is preparing to shed. You don't say what type/morph of corn he is, but in most morphs you will notice the eyes cloud over and the skin colour dull. They'll stay like this for a few days then clear up again. A day or three after they've cleared up, you'll hopefully find a nice complete shed skin.

Couple more points on sheddinh:
Most prefer to be left alone when blue; resist handling and don't worry if food is refused.
You may want to check the humidity levels in the vivarium to ensure a successful shed.
Check the shed skin afterwards to ensure it is in fact complete, including the tip of the tail and the eye caps.

Umm... just seen a few threads where you say your snake is missing and cat is ill... I think when the snake will shed is the least of your troubles right now! Forget about this until your snake is back secure in its vivarium.

Cycal said:
I dunno.. i saw in another post he mentioned it as his step-father's yearling...
Yearling, hatchling, shedding, missing, it's all the same right? :sidestep:

sorry i should of mentioned i had 2 snakes lol :crazy02: :crazy02: my snake is a carolina corn snake and he is 1 foot 6 when i mesured him today his eyes arent in blue yet but his skin is duller than yesterday
:-offtopic i love this smiley :crazy02: :crazy02: :crazy02: :crazy02: :crazy02:

Back