• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

When Will She poop?

merkurio24

Hi everyone, I'm a new snake pet owner. I've only had her for one week, fed her last friday and I'm stil waiting for her to poop. I thought snakes took 48 hours to digest their food and about 4 days to poop. Is there something wrong with her or is this normal?

How old is the snake? Should be anytime now, are you sure you didn't miss it in the tank, maybe under the bedding?

They poop in their own time. Some go rather quickly (within a few days) and others take a week or even more. There's so many variables with digestion and metabolism. And 6 month old snakie poops aren't always the biggest things in the world to find (compared to an adult). Sometimes my baby girl goes when she's being fed.

i agree with what said above, depends on the snake. Also i've noticed that mine doesn't poop if he starts going in to blue (getting ready to shed). He starts holding back his poop when the signals of him going in to blue aren't even visible (cloudy eyes and colors). When was the last time he shed, and how old is he?

i agree with what said above, depends on the snake. Also i've noticed that mine doesn't poop if he starts going in to blue (getting ready to shed). He starts holding back his poop when the signals of him going in to blue aren't even visible (cloudy eyes and colors). When was the last time he shed, and how old is he?

I don't know when was her las shed but what you're saying about shedding is making sence. Yesterday I started noticing she is getting kind of ashy but her eyes are stil clear.

Lol. I just got my first snake on Jan 9th and fed him for the first time Saturday the 15th. He still hasn't pooped yet. Every day since Tuesday I've come home from work and searched for poop. I'm glad your post was on here. Makes me feel a little better. :D

Lol. I just got my first snake on Jan 9th and fed him for the first time Saturday the 15th. He still hasn't pooped yet. Every day since Tuesday I've come home from work and searched for poop. I'm glad your post was on here. Makes me feel a little better. :D

I'm glad it help you to read this. I was also worried, but everything is goin well now. I'm lucky to have a very healthy eater and pooper.

Not too lucky with my new ball python I brought home today. He is not eating well they told me he eats every friday but is more like every other Friday. I'm already thinking about returning him.:(

I'm glad it help you to read this. I was also worried, but everything is goin well now. I'm lucky to have a very healthy eater and pooper.

Not too lucky with my new ball python I brought home today. He is not eating well they told me he eats every friday but is more like every other Friday. I'm already thinking about returning him.:(

Ball pythons eat whenever they please. You don't need to return him, most ball pythons do this. And i believe every other week isn't bad at all for a ball python. I read story's about ball pythons not eating for months. And it's my personal opinion that you never should return animals because they don't do what you want them to do. I can tell you did little research on ball pythons because i even know they're bad eaters (with exceptions of course) and i never even considered one as pet.

I said I was thinking about returning him because I don't want him to die on me. I'm not trying to force him to eat neather. And you are right I should have done more research.

I said I was thinking about returning him because I don't want him to die on me. I'm not trying to force him to eat neather. And you are right I should have done more research.

Snakes can go a long time without food, and you can always let him be force fed by someone experienced. As long as he feeds every other week it should be fine i think.

Back