• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

When?

Petruga

hey guys just wanting to know when male cornsnakes can breed? thanks for your anwsers and inputs.

Thanks, Petruga

Just to state what I have seen here on the forums. I have heard of a male breeding at just over 1yr old and being the proud sire of 12 healthy eggs. but usually I would think between 2 1/2 - 3 years would be a good average age for first time breeders. I may be wrong at this but just sharing what I have read about so far on the site.

I think the general thing with male corns is 2 years/2 feet/200 grams. Little guys CAN get the job done, but don't bet on it.

to get a good result the best thing is to wait for the snake to be at least 3 years old... 300g and at least 3feet in length.....
at least this way u will be able to keep ur mind at rest if (hopefully not) anything goes wrong.
;)

The "3 rule" is for females - I'd be a bit more flexible with males. I've heard of males as young as 10 months fathering a successful clutch. I'd be wary of putting a male in with a female very much larger than him in case things get rough, but that's my only concern.

As Floof says, fertility can be a bit of a lottery with the very young males, so there's probably more likelihood of infertile eggs with a young 'un.

It can be done at 1yr 100 gram but at that age it is a coin toss as to if he will shoot blank or even perform for you.

Back