• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Where did you get your Corns?

Charger9

Hi, I was wondering where people purchased their Corns, from reptile swaps, online or pet stores and if you were satisfied and would purchase that way again. I'm a touchy feely wan't to see what you look like and how you behave kind of person when it comes to reptiles so I bought my first two at a reptile swap from Southwest Wisconsin Reptiles how about you?

I have Kings, fixing to have a Okeetee from K. Love. I NEVER BUY from pet shops unless the snake was CB that year. I have seen snakes sit in pet shops for years not growing much. Some if not most pet stores I have seen will buy WC snakes from people and sell them. I got my kings from friends or from a friend of a friend, I did buy 1 CB 05 Fl. King from a reptile shop but I picked it up the same day they got it.

I just placed a deposit today on my first snake (from Don at SMR). :) It's so exciting. I wish I had a picture of him in his egg (the snake, not Don :D).

I only know of 3 for sale in town--normals. Basically, we're between clutches. So I figured if I'm waiting, anyway, I may as well wait on one from a top breeder than one from "some guy."

I've bought at shows, online, from pet stores and traded with friends. My biggest disappointments have come from buying at shows, to be honest. I've lost several from local breeders (as in "I have a couple corns and can make money"). I bought two caramel females and a jaw-dropping high pink wide stripe aztec snow last October. One caramel died within a week and the other has a kink that showed up after several weeks. The snow also died after several weeks of regurges. I even lost a baby from Kathy Love two years ago. :shrugs: Surprisingly, most of my pet store purchases are doing just fine. I like to see the snakes and handle them, but I'm ok with buying from reputable breeders online.

I have only bought from hobby breeders(juviniles) and privet persons(adultsnakes).. with most of them I have had long contakt befor the buy and I still have verry good contakt with them!

i got my BP from finding her on kingsnake.coms classifieds and i plan to get a corn from Sean at cornsnakemorphs.com or Don at SMR

I've bought corns from just about all the big people...Joe Pierce, Kathy L, Don S, Rich Z as well as the small breeders here and there. Also, a huge chunk of my collection came from Tim Rainwater back in the day when he was breeding corns.

My corn came from a local pet shop. There are practically no corn breeders near me; plus I know the people who run the shop, and I knew they wouldn't sell me an unhealthy snake. :)

- Most were bought from my local reptile shop as hatchings.
- Bought one as a yearling, direct from a local breeder with a good rep.
- Kept one that I produced myself.
- My eldest was "inherited" from a friend, aged 3.

This is just my corns......
my first I purchased 10 years ago at my monthly reptile meeting.(Calvin)
My second was from a swap meet.(Kasey RIP)
My third was from a raffle at the reptile club. (Kate)
My fourth was the only surviving egg from snakes #1 and #3. (Keeper)
My fifth was bred by a friend. I traded him a baby mexican rosy boa. (Kelsey RIP)
My 6th,7th and 8th were offspring from a friends snakes that I boarded for a year. (Sniper, Snafu and Sangria)
My 9th,10th and 11th were offspring of Kelseys. She died soon afterwards from eggbinding. (Kismet, Chelsea and Katrina)
My next 2 will be gotten through Critterauction.

I bought mine from a local reptile shop. I'm lucky in that we have two reptile shops in my city, and a few pet shops with snakes. The general pet shops have appallingly unhealthy snakes though. But the reptile shops are decent enough.

3 from a local reptile store (reptile island)
1 from LLLReptile
3 from Randy Wright at various shows (I always end up buying from him at shows :shrugs: )

MooreSnakes said:
3 from a local reptile store (reptile island)
1 from LLLReptile
3 from Randy Wright at various shows (I always end up buying from him at shows :shrugs: )
That's because Randy is so cool and so are his snakes! I want a rosy from him at some point...*sigh*...I need more room.

Our BP is from PetCo, but I know we were lucky as she has been healthy as a horse - but we look at the balls frequently in our PetCo and they don't always look so good.

Our BCC is from LLL Reptile.

My next snakes will all be from breeders when I have space and they have the snakes I want (a rosy boa from Randy, sunglow motley from MOReptiles and a Vietnamese Blue Beauty from a breeder/friend in AZ).

My first two (both amels, one a sunglow) were from Petco when I was a manager at one of their stores. My third was from a local reptile shop. The fourth from Cedar Creek Corns, the fifth from Bayou Reptiles (purchased at last year's Tinley show). Six through eight were from Creatures of the Night, nine and ten were from Khaman, and eleven and twelve were from pinello.

regards,
jazz

The question is who HAVEN'T I bought from. lol
Almost all of my babies come from the breeders that post here. I have never been disappointed. I have'nt been to a show yet, but I'm going soon.

I bought mine @ snakeday in houten from snakes.nl

And my next two I will buy from a dutch member from here who lives nearby.

And I probably buy more upcoming snakeday.

They have corns over here at petshops; but I wouldnt dare to buy one, even though I know who the breeder is.

My first which is an Amel was purchased at PetCo, I was happy with the experience and he thrived from day 1 and conintues to do so and I went back to the store months later and purchased a beautiful little Ghost, who is doing as well as my first purchase from that store.
My 3rd I bought from a local breeder, Michelle at Creatures of the Night, and I am SO happy with the little girl that she sold me, I am purchasing my next 3 (Blizzard, Charcoal, Bloodred) from her in August. :cheers:

Back