• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

where do you get supplies

Abbya

I am going to a reptile show in Ozark, MO in october. I am going to buy my first corn there. What I'm wondering is can i get ALL the stuff i need at the show? Do you guys just use a fish tank with a locking lid, or a special reptile tank? I really don't want to have to buy anything online. I don't want to ask my mom for her credit card, and I want to avoid shipping. Besides the reptile show, the only places I can think of that might sell the stuff I need would be Petsmart, or the Pet Warehouse. Can I get everything there? Will I have to buy mice online? :confused:
Thankies -I love Eli-

Is it a big show? If so, then I'm 99% sure you'll find everything you need there.
I got my tank at a reptile show and it says "for terrarium use only" so I guess it was made specifically for reptiles.
One suggestion..bring a little ice box for the frozen mice so that they won't thaw out too much.

well

The show would be a good place to get most of your supplies at pretty decent prices.

You could also go to a local pet store and buy one of those critter keepers (clear blue ones) for your young corn until you can search out the best tank prices, this would also give it a chance to feel secure and start eating with no troubles (small tank.)

Try checking penny savers because people sell cheap tanks all the time.

bmm

For a single corn, you'll only need to buy mice online if you can't find them anywhere else. However, if you eventually end up with a few snakes (very likely :D ) then you'll find that it's cheaper to buy in bulk over the internet. Plus you get the added advantage of not having to leave your house (but I'm just plain lazy)!!

Petsmart had a nice reptile setup that i bought.. 50 or so bucks for a 20 gallon, sliding lid, reptile cage with screen top, basking lamp, 2 locks, an a few other goods.. thats tha best deal i've came across.. if u get a small corn tho in such a big tank make sure to use a lot of hide boxes an aspen bedding so it can burrow.. goodluck

Back