• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Where do your escaped snakes like to go?

skittledoo

For those that have escapees... Where are some places you have found them?

My snow escaped a while back ago and of all the places I could find her she ends up getting into bed with me. Silly snake.

So where do your snakes go when they are on the run?

Mine almost always turn up in the bathroom. Once one turned up in my shoe, and hte last one was on top of her tank the next day.

The most interesting spot I found one is in the toilet. I think the cat grabbed it, jumped up there then dropped it and he retreated in the toilet.

Found my snow in the linen closet on the floor right after she escaped when she was little, when she escaped and she was larger I found her hanging from the bedroom door by her tail. We found another one after a week missing between some photo albums I had standing up near the wall heater (not the best choice of spot I know) but it was warm there. And the best finding story was when my snows sister (an anery) escaped she was missing a month and we're not really sure how she got there but we found her outside at the bottom of the stairs to our 2nd level apt! She was quite cold but other than that was healthy as could be.

I've found my oldest gal Wicked under my bed with some of my back up blankets for the bed all snuggled up and fast asleep. Many of my smaller ones I've found in the Christmas tree, in drawers, shoes, blankets, gym bags. Other species that have taken themselves for a walk seem to go into cold uncuddly places.. like I found my most recent escapee behind the dog crates on the coldest wall in the house. :shrugs:

In the couch.... Hoodini always went to the couch. Found a hatchling in the hallway once and Booger in a pile of laundry.

Last edited:
My girl loooooves my bookshelf and my boy thinks if he hides his head, no one can see him XD. He's easy to find~. Unfortunatly, as he likes to find his way into spots that are impossible to reach without unassembling the toilet/dollhouse/TV, so getting him out is a whole other story!

well, two of my babies escaped and one was by the cage, and the other was in my closet! i never thought I would find the poor guy! :)

Hmm. My first snake, the anery I had for a total of a few hours, liked the neighbor's apartment, and hopefully the field they threw her in. My second anery liked my cat's mouth- though before that I SWEAR he was in the rocking chair. None have gotten out since I started keeping them in sterilite bins, and I really, really, made sure my showcase cage was safe this time around. On another note, I had made arrangements to get my ball python from the breeder and he texted me "I must've not latched the lid, he got out." Five days or so later, I go over to get my mice and he tells me he found the ball python. He had gone to put his boots on and his toes hit something! And there was the snake! Lol. That's the funny story. My classroom's cal-king I was babysitting over break (in an aquarium) decided to play adventure snake at my house. He was curled up behind my printer! I only noticed because my cat was very intently checking out the printer lol.

Back