• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Which brand of UTH?

Hello all,
The UTH that I have been using for my corn seems to be dying. I forget the brand, I think it's repti therm but it has been good b/c it doesn't have the sticky stuff on it like a Zoo Med UTH and thus I can move it from tank to tank and I secure it with foil tape. The Zoo Med brand works well but again I hate that they are basically stuck to the one tank and you can't move them from one to another. What brand of UTH have you all had the best results with and which brand would you all recommend? Have a good one.

I use the Zoo Med heaters, but I cut wax paper to the proper size and stick it to the heater. That way, I can just secure it to the underside of the enclosure with duct tape and I can always move it if I ever need to. It works like a charm.

Hello all,
The UTH that I have been using for my corn seems to be dying. I forget the brand, I think it's repti therm but it has been good b/c it doesn't have the sticky stuff on it like a Zoo Med UTH and thus I can move it from tank to tank and I secure it with foil tape. The Zoo Med brand works well but again I hate that they are basically stuck to the one tank and you can't move them from one to another. What brand of UTH have you all had the best results with and which brand would you all recommend? Have a good one.

I have a flukers and a Zoomed I love both but flukers does not stick to the tank so you would prob like it best

After working with flexwatt, I have to say the stuff is awesome (and way cheaper) and that would be the way I would go, should have enough $ that you saved on the flexwatt for a thermostat

I use zoo med as well, I don't stick them to my cages though, they're just set under them so if they do for some reason burn out I have no hassle in removing them. When I eventually build/buy my rack, I want to use flexwatt in it.

I am thinking about purchasing one of these from reptile basics. I purchased my thermostat from them (ve-300). I am very happy with it. Customer service is excellent.

http://www.reptilebasics.com/ultratherm-heat-pads

I have those on my two 24 x 24" cages. I have them secured with aluminum tape. They have only been taped once and have stayed for years.

I also have one in my uro cage, inside the cage, also secured with aluminum tape, but he's pulled the tape down mostly and sits on top of the crumpled tape up against the UTH in the morning! (The tape doesn't stay sticky once it gets unstuck once).

Anyway, I really like them. Very well-constructed.

I did the same thing with the zoo med generic mats but i used aluminum foil and also duct tape to stick, i also use the ultra therms which are cheaper and also very good. If you live in a cold area use your heater or get a small corner heater to heat up the space which it what i'm doing in my reptile corner. Hope this helps.

I have zilla, zoomed, and exoterra. Exoterra is my fave by far. I stick them all to ceramic tile.
I agree. Exoterra is awesome. I still have the original bulbs for my snakes from almost 2 years ago and havent had one burn out yet although i do use a dimming clamp lamp so they arent run at full power.

Back