• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

which one?

kensei

hey guys, i am looking to adopt one of these two adult corn snakes (maybe both?) later on in the week. they are both males, about 4 years old. the owner doesn't know too much about their genetics except that they are albinos lol. the lighter one looks like a snow to me and the amel looks like a sunglow. what do you guys think? and if i can only get one of them, which should i go with? thanks.

Attachments

• 213c_20.jpg
    213c_20.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 98
If I had to pick one..I would pick the snow! Bright nice colors on him! But I would take them both and seperate them!

i was leaning towards the snow but the i love how bright the amel is! the current owner housed them together for 3 years in a 60 gallon and has said that he hasn't had any problems with them, but for sure i won't be cohabiting any of my snakes.

I would pick the snow and that's really saying something as I am not a snow fan! lol But that one is really, really nice!!!!

would have to take both, but would go for the amel if pushed. already have a snow, and prefer the 'brighter' morphs.

How sure are you, that the amel, is an amel?
The amel, actually looks a bit more like a hypo,towards the tail, to me.

How sure are you, that the amel, is an amel?

well i'm not 100% sure as i haven't gone to see the snakes yet. i just assumed because the owner said they were both albinos and i don't see any traces of black pigment in the snake. i also don't see any white pigment either so i was thinking he might be a sunglow.

i have attached another picture for you guys to see and help me judge. thanks.

Attachments

• 2102_20.jpg
    2102_20.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 82
Get the one you like better. You're the one who's going to live with it, not us! LOL If you can get both, go for it!!

They are both awesome!! Since I already have a snow I would go for the red amel. :grin01:

What do you have at home? perhaps that would make the decision a little easier.

I think they are both pretty. You should honestly though get the one you like the most. It would be cool if you could get them both :) If she lets you have the tank too you could divide it and that would solve housing problems.. ;)

thanks for all the input everyone. i decided to go with the snow as i figured it is much more difficult to obtain a snow in my area than it is to find an amel. i completely forgot to update this thread when i picked him up on sunday. he's adjusting well and pictures of him are posted in the photos forum :)

Back