• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

white eggs no veins??? (unexpected double clutch)

LindsayMarie

Been here awhile
Ok so I updated my post about the female who was double clutching, even though that line never really double clutched. Here is the thread if want to take a look:
http://cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67716

I had a question. The second set/clutch of 10 eggs had white color except on a couple eggs in a couple little spots. Also, they were slightly more oblong vs round then before. Anyways, I put them in the incubator and tried candling and didnt see any veins. Now mind you this was right after they were laid. Does it take a few days in the incubator, or are they supposed to be born with veins?

Thank you, Lindsay

It is usually best to wait a week before trying to candle. You should see the blood vessels at that time, but don't throw them away just because you don't SEE the veins.

Candling has always seemed like the biggest waste of time to me. Fertile or not, it can still go bad - especially from the extra, unnecessary, handling. Whether you SEE veins or not, you should never throw away an egg that looks good. There have been many times were the vessels were nearly impossible to downright impossible to see in eggs that later went on to hatch! In other words, you handle the eggs more, and it shouldn't change what you do with them. It's just another sign of impatience.....lol....and that just leads to the more common problem with getting eggs to hatch: human error! :)

Good luck!
KJ

Whether you SEE veins or not, you should never throw away an egg that looks good. There have been many times were the vessels were nearly impossible to downright impossible to see in eggs that later went on to hatch!
Good luck!
KJ

Good advice. I had a clutch last year that I couldn't see any veins. 10 out of 18 went onto hatch healthy snakes.

Back