• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Wholesale prices????

Shakota

Can anyone tell me what wholesale prices are on hatchling butters, ghosts, and creamsicles? I have a friend that runs a pet store, but I don't know what to sell babies at for wholesale. Thanks, Sarah

I found this post on Fauna Calssifieds. This should give you somekind of ballpark figure to work with. It is an older thread but I hope it helps. :shrugs:
Jay & PJ :cool:

jasonfeagans
Name : Jason Feagans
Trader Rating: (0)
Warning Level: 0

2006 CORNS at wholesale prices

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am now accepting deposits for 2006 production. I will produce 1500+ corns this year and I am pre-selling my production to ensure that I can keep up when babies are hatching. I am offering 50 lots for $10 per animal when you order now and send a 10% deposit. Babies should start hatching in July. The lots will be mixed colors including amel, anery, snow, ghost, and normals. They will be unsexed and unfed. I will ship within 5 days of hatching. Deposits are non refundable unless I am unable to deliver your animals.

References available.

Thanks for looking.

Jason Feagans
812-219-8980
[email protected]
Attached Images

The ad posted is an out of the egg sale. A pet store, unless they have knowledgeable staff, shouldn't be buying from an out of egg sale. I can just see the snakes being passed to unknowing customers and animals dying.

DAND said:
The ad posted is an out of the egg sale. A pet store, unless they have knowledgeable staff, shouldn't be buying from an out of egg sale. I can just see the snakes being passed to unknowing customers and animals dying.
Sounds typical for pet stores, IMO.

When I sold my hatchlings wholesale, they had all eaten at least 5 meals and I charged 50% - 75% off the typical retail price, depending upon the morph.

DAND said:
as far as i am concerned they shouldnt be in business then.

cornmorphs said:
as far as i am concerned they shouldnt be in business then.

My point exactly.

I have a friend who is a Assistant Manager at a chain pet store who tells people who come into the store not to buy snakes from the store and gives them my number.

Prices

Thanks for the info. I agree with you on pet stores not knowing anything about what they sell. They shouldn't have those things. The pet store I will be selling to is a friend of mine and he raises ball pythons so he knows what he is doing. I do not sell any of my snakes without them eating at least 3 meals. My friend ended up buying a wholesale lot and got some nice morphs for $8 each. What they didn't tell him is that they were all nonfeeders. He wouldn't have bought them had that been the case. He doesn't have time to baby all the snakes in order to get them to eat. His ball pythons are all morphs and is on the side. Obviously can't sell them in the pet store. :eek:) Thanks, Sarah

I'm the same as Susan although my babies had more feedings in them. I sold them because I was moving and had no more time to sell what I had left. I sold them for 50% of my normal sale price. They were sexed and labled for them as well.

Generally when we wholesale out it depends on how many they purchase. I have sold normals for as low as 12.50 (they were buying over 50 babies). However with color morphs I generally don't lowered the price that much. The last butter I sold to a petstore was 35.00, again, they buy a lot of animals from us. Generally speaking petstores, especially independent ones pay a lot of money for reptiles if they buy them from other places, i.e. where they get the fish. So 20.00 for normals is still a good deal for them. I'd just set the amount where you are comfortable.

My petstore gave me $15 for my normals het amel and amels. They knew me really well though, and they routinely sold corns for anywhere from $40-$80 depending upon what it was. They made money.

Back