• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Why are there so many babies on this site

CKRON

Just an observation, but why are there so many baby snakes on this site. It seems every picture is a baby corn.

I would like to see some full gown snakes too please.

Just wondering out loud:shrugs:

Probably that is because that is what most people get. I don't think very many people get adults and we all like showing off our new babies. Then the breeders like to show off the babies that they hatch.

We are at the end of breeding season here so breeders posting baby pics are going to slow down but of course everyone buying those babies are going to post pics.

Ok, but colors and patterns change with age right?

Lets see some mommas and papas please.

However I do understand the reason for all the kid pics:)

A lot of people do progression threads to show from baby to adult. Is there anything in particular that you would like to see in adult form?

Ok, but colors and patterns change with age right?

Indeed colors change. I just realized how much my motley boy changed.

Attachments

• phpNl2DPGPM.jpg
    phpNl2DPGPM.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 156
  • phpAWY7JoPM.jpg
    phpAWY7JoPM.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 156
Yes please, Okeetee, Bloodred, maybe a few others but the names are confusing as hell:D...

Back when I first started there where two names, "corn snake" and "red rat" and they were both the same:laugh:

Man the colors are crazy now:eek:

Its just to hard to tell what a baby snake will look like all grown up, you can get an idea but it will change most of the time.

Seraphim1_8_09.jpg

Bloodred hatchling

Seraphim7_7_11c.jpg

Adult

That's all I got so far lol

Yep the patterns are still there for the most part, but what happened to all that brown:shrugs: hehehehe crazy!

Love that Bloodred

I can't wait to see how much more his color progresses. He's only a year now, so we'll see.

Just an observation, but why are there so many baby snakes on this site. It seems every picture is a baby corn.

I would like to see some full gown snakes too please.

Just wondering out loud:shrugs:

While I do post baby pics, you'll find that the majority of the threads I start in the photo Gallery are of adults. I much prefer to photograph the older snakes but just haven't had as much time due to all the babies I still have to care for.

This is also the season for baby corns. There are usually a lot of exited new members showing off thier hatchlings this time of year...

Welcome to the stite by the way...

Scott

It's just easier to take pictures of babies... adults are a bit more difficult to maneuver and take decent photos of.

Oh I find adults easier. I am able to leave them when changing settings without having to worry about them darting.

Oh CKRON he is beautiful. I held back a baby this year cause I think he will look just like yours. I don't have a classic looking normal corn, just normals that look like something else, so I decided I needed one.

Last edited:
Mine is still a baby, but I'm taking a lot of pictures of her and I continue to post them in the same thread, so if you check back in a few years, you'll get so see some adult pictures. :p

Back