• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

why does my snake only poop in a bath

talc22

my 2 year old corn snake never poops in her viv, only when i put her for a bath. its been a few weeks now from her last one, i didnt give her a bath this time to see if she would poop in her viv but still no luck. The temps are all ok just up a couple of degrees because of the weather and she lies on the warm side a lot. any ideas thanks.

my 2 year old corn snake never poops in her viv, only when i put her for a bath. its been a few weeks now from her last one, i didnt give her a bath this time to see if she would poop in her viv but still no luck. The temps are all ok just up a couple of degrees because of the weather and she lies on the warm side a lot. any ideas thanks.

What are you feeding it and how often??

I would think you would see it.

i feed her 1 adult mouse every 7 days, her poops a very large so i would have noticed it in the viv and it really smells, usually give her a bath 6 days after a feed.

i feed her 1 adult mouse every 7 days, her poops a very large so i would have noticed it in the viv and it really smells, usually give her a bath 6 days after a feed.

The snake should poop before 6 days...odd.
What's your substrate?

Giving baths (to me) is just quick fix sheds and poop problems.
Not a long term thing.

I would clean out the viv, put in paper towels, feed the snake and see what happen in the next week.

I bathe my corns 2 days after feeding. I use it for excersice mostly, but when they poo it means less for me to clean out of there tanks. I like the paper towel idea.... How big is the water dish? I make sure the snake can curl up in the dish if they need to. (I would hate to have to hold a poo for 6 days) I have one that poops in the dish a lot. I still will find a present in the tank every once in a while.

Back